Where: We will run the event from the Municipal Dock in Seaside Heights. Follow the stick channel along the North side of the Seaside Bridge heading toward the ocean. Follow the stick channel around Pelican Island, then head north to the Municipal Dock.
When: The event runs from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. We are staggering the times for the Boat Volunteers to arrive and begin giving rides, in order to avoid excessive congestion at the dock. Some of you have time constraints due to other commitments either in the morning or later in the day, so you requested a specific time to start. We put together the following schedule based upon the input you provided. If you did not provide us with a time, we inserted you into the schedule at a start time that should allow for a steady flow of boats at the dock. Hopefully, the time is OK for you.
1. John DeRay 41' Apache 11:00 AM
2. Jim Courtney 36 NorTech 11:00 AM
3. Tony Altemari 39 Cigarette 11:00 AM
4. Bud Crisp 38 Scarab 11:00 AM
5. Tom Toto 46 Outerlimits 11:00 AM
6. Mike Orecchio 46 Cigarette 11:00 AM
7. Premier Motor Car Swan Boat 11:00 AM
8. Bernie Martins 36 Spectre 11:00 AM
9. Frank Martins 47 Fountain 11:00 AM
10. Bernie Martins, Jr. 29 Formula 11:00 AM
11. Tony Periera 38 Donzi 11:00 AM
12. Steve Monteforte 39 Outerlimits 11:30 AM
13. Jim Mattera 39 Cigarette 11:30 AM
14. Sal Sciandra 36 Eliminator 11:30 AM
15. Pat (from Laureton Motors) 36' Spectre 12:00 Noon
16. Tony Presti 48' Sunseeker 12:00 Noon
17. Tony Sauta 39 Outerlimits 12:00 Noon
18. John O'Laughlin 46' Outerlimits 12:00 Noon
19. Robert Leider 30' Velocity 12:30 PM
20. Steve Balogh 36' Fountain 12:30 PM
21. John MacMoyle 27' Baja 12:30 PM
22. Dave Beach/Nick Aumendo 37 Outerlimits 1:00 PM
23. Vinney Scimeca 38 Cigarette 1:00 PM
24. Bill Bartus 36 Cigarette 1:00 PM
25. Dean Campana 26 Eliminator 1:00 PM
26. Ed Lefebvre 38 Cigarette 1:00 PM
27. Chris Carbone's Crew 35' Formula 1:00 PM
28. Chris Carbone's Crew 35' Fountain 1:00 PM
29. Bob Thanel 25' Baja CC 1:00 PM
Dock Lines and Bumpers: We will have lines and bumpers already on the dock. The dock will accommodate 3-5 boats at a time. Just pull up to the dock as space opens up. The volunteers on the dock will tie up your boat and hold it off of the dock while the kids board.
Life Jackets: The kids and their chaperones will already be wearing life jackets before they board your boat. You and your crew are not required to wear life jackets during the event.
Boarding and Unboarding: The volunteers on the dock will assist the kids and their chaperones into and out of your boat. It is the Captain's decision on how many passengers his boat can safely accommodate.
Course: Upon leaving the dock, head south and idle under the small bridge that connects Pelican Island to Seaside Heights. Once under the bridge, get on plane take a ride down the bay to the Bayville area, turn around, and come back the same way. Operate your boat at a safe speed and provide a comfortable ride for your passengers.
Food & Drinks: We will distribute water, soda and sub sandwiches to you and your crew from the dock. You will also get a couple of T-Shirts for volunteering.
Mechanical Problems: If you have mechanical problems, idle back to the dock, offload your passengers and then either idle away from the dock or move you boat into one of the slips. DO NOT MAKE REPAIRS DIRECTLY ADJACENT TO THE PIER DOCK. We need those slips to remain available to continue boarding the kids.
The latest weather forecast is Mostly Sunny, 80 degrees, Low Humidity…….PERFECT!
Thank you for donating your time and your boat to make this day special for many, many people. Those of you who have participated in the past know how gratifying the experience is. If this is your first time, you will drive away counting your blessings and feeling very good about choosing to spend your Saturday giving those less fortunate.
We'll see you Saturday.
Shore Dreams for Kids