If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    VIP Member VIP Member 26ZX Donzi's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2008 Sunsation 288 MCOB
    Itasca, IL

Post Miami Show Help-Last Minute Plans

My wife and I are trying to pull off a quick trip to Florida for the show on Saturday (16th). We will only be in town for about 24 hours. Flying into Lauderdale - how close is airport to any show venues? Any ideas about an "available" hotel room close by. Is transportation difficult/expensive to come by on the weekend? Any and all help would be appreciated!
    Tim and Jeanne

My Boats:
    2001 26 ZX DONZI 496HO

Try the RIU.COM its at ground zero almost on Miami Bch.,but good luck at this late in the game.Your gonna be about 50 miles North of where u wanna be.(Ft. Lauderdale)

Hustler 26

Tim I'm afraid you may have a hard time getting a rental car. I rented mine about 2 months ago and still had to make a few calls. I'm not even sure if you will find a room. I might suggest the Holiday Inn on Collins Ave. It's about 1/2(walking distance) mile from the Convention Center and still located in South Beach. Good Luck. Maybe I'll see you there. I'm staying at the Marriott where the in water show is.

From the FLL airpot to the convention center is approx 14 mi depending on which way you go. Hotels are going to be a little hard to find. If you find one the price will be real ripe. Hospitality even less. If it's only for 24 hrs....hell you can sleep on the benches.... ]car rentals are always around ... but at a premium

My Boats:
    2000 velocity260

hey hustler if you see a blonde haired kid with blue/grey velcoity hat around the hotel thats me. I am already here weather is very nice 80deg today.Cant wait for the show.