If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    st. louis,mo.

Merrill Powerboats- Need Info on their Cat's

Does anyone know anything about their 30 and 35 catamarans, who designed them, are they layed up with good materials, how do they handle rough water. are they an efficient fast hull, good quality rigging, etc, thanks

Platinum Member Platinum Member KAAMA's Avatar
    My Boats:
    A boat?....What boat??? How about a galvarnized warsh tub wit a toranady strapped own da rear!
    Western Michigan
    I have seen the very colorful 35' cat that Chris Merrill has had out on Lake Michigan a few times last year. It's a very sharp looking boat and is very fast. I think he has a pair of 598cid natually aspirated engines in it with some beefed up Bravo One drives. I have always known Chris to be very good with glass work. I do not know much about that 35' cat he has other than how quickly it runs, but I can tell you he has many years of experience with fiberglass and has fixed a lot of damaged offshore boats for people for several years in the past since the late 70's early 80's. I have never bought a boat from Chris, but as far as I know Chris has always been fair and honest with his customers from what I have heard.
    Thank God for the U.S. Marines!
    ...I'm still a student.