I got mufflers...I don't like it. >

I got mufflers...I don't like it.

Notices

I got mufflers...I don't like it.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Did you lose any top end speed with the CMI's?
Not sure yet because we were on the river here and there is not enough room to get up to speed, but at 4000 RPM we were at about the same speed we used to be.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been thinking about replacing my factory mufflers with angle exhaust tips. I would still have the "quick & quiet" switch. Would like to hear your opinions on 500EFI's with no mufflers. Both about sound and possible water intrusion (due to internal flappers). Thanks. Ted.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tazz
Panther, where are you dumping the water into your pipes, and how much? Which motors do you have?
Pipes are dry with the exception of a 1/8" hole near the end of the pipe which lets out just enough water to keep the mufflers cool. This hole also acts as a drain for the tailpipe when the motor is shut down.

Engines are JC Performance 830hp blower motors.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Yet
Don't ginx us
Old 07-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gotime34
I got the CMI Sound Elimination Mufflers and ran the boat with them last night, it sucked. Don't get me wrong, they work perfectly, I could not believe how quiet it made the boat, but its just not for me. I fell in love with these types of boats because of that great V8 Sound, and its best at idle. Its a good thing they detach easily because I am pulling them off as often as I can. I mean whats the point of big blower motors if you can't hear them?

Glad you got the mufflers, hope someday everyone gets 'the point'.
We are way out-numbered on this issue. The CMI 's offer a decent compromise in today's world.
Pull them off when you run in an organized event with the proper noise restriction permits in place.
Someday we'll all be running the donkey 'members' or we won't be running at all. I don't believe it is fair. I do believe it is true.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tazz
Panther, where are you dumping the water into your pipes, and how much? Which motors do you have?
Duct tape and baling wire motors. They do sound good though.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 280 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Glad you got the mufflers, hope someday everyone gets 'the point'.
We are way out-numbered on this issue. The CMI 's offer a decent compromise in today's world.
Pull them off when you run in an organized event with the proper noise restriction permits in place.
Someday we'll all be running the donkey 'members' or we won't be running at all. I don't believe it is fair. I do believe it is true.

"the point"............... Point is that as long as somebody in a harley can role around with loud pipes then so will I. Point is that as long as bass boats fly around with their loud two stroke engines then so will I. Point is as long as fighter jets and private helicopters can buzz over my house at night making noise then so will I. So how many people think they will start telling motorcycles or airplanes to quiet down? Is this going to be a "yet" too?
Old 07-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
Duct tape and baling wire motors. They do sound good though.
Too bad you didn't go with the duct/tape and bailing wire like the original plan. Who knows, we probbably would be boating together right now!!
Old 07-13-2007, 04:44 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
"the point"............... Point is that as long as somebody in a harley can role around with loud pipes then so will I. Point is that as long as bass boats fly around with their loud two stroke engines then so will I. Point is as long as fighter jets and private helicopters can buzz over my house at night making noise then so will I. So how many people think they will start telling motorcycles or airplanes to quiet down? Is this going to be a "yet" too?
Yeah, I love Harleys too but don't bust my ballz, what's good for the goose........

A couple months ago my neighbor compained my boat was too loud when I de-winterized it at my house. Mind you, the boat is at my house over the winter but I start it once in the fall to winterize and change oil and fire it up in the spring and give it a tune-up before it gets launched.... So I fire up the motor on a Saturday afternoon for 15 minutes, they call the police, police tell them there's nothing they could do because the ordinance says 7 am to 11 pm.....

so they send an email to the mayors office complaining about the boat and the mayors office sends over someone from the code enforcement department, who informs me that my boat is too "big" to be kept at the house and the maximum length is 29 ft, which he paced out in front of me.. He tells me I have 30 days to get the boat off my property.... So then we get into talking and as it turns out he is a motor sports enthusiast and doesn't want to bust my chops, just telling me what my options are... We agree that I won't start the boat at the house to appease the neighbors (who by the way never expressed any concern or didn't say anything to me. ). So I put the boat in the water and call up the code enforcer to let him know the boat is in the water. But now that I'm legal and not worried, I tell the code enforcer that if they bust my ballz again they will have an even bigger problem on their hands because I'll be driving around Middletown making a list of all the addresses of the people who are in violation.....

The code enforcer said, don't worry about it Mr. Ungarten they were just worried about the noise.. I said fine and I wont run the motors but be forewarned.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

While we're at it....

How about the constant CLANK all the hardware on a sailboat makes during the night when it's windy.....

Took the boat down to Long Beach Island for a 3 day weekend once and we were moored next to a blow boat.... 10-15 mph winds and "CLANK CLANK CLANK, CLANK CLANK CLANK" all f'ing night!

Talk about disturbing the peace.....

Quick Reply: I got mufflers...I don't like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.