Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I got mufflers...I don't like it. >

I got mufflers...I don't like it.

Notices

I got mufflers...I don't like it.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at mufflers, but that is about as far as I got. With CMIs, introducing the water as far back as possible. No internal flappers, not trouble with reversion.

Noise is good!
Old 07-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
"the point"............... Point is that as long as somebody in a harley can role around with loud pipes then so will I. Point is that as long as bass boats fly around with their loud two stroke engines then so will I. Point is as long as fighter jets and private helicopters can buzz over my house at night making noise then so will I. So how many people think they will start telling motorcycles or airplanes to quiet down? Is this going to be a "yet" too?
Hey Tex, I agree with you 100%!!!
I love the sound of BBC NA through a dry exhaust, music to my ears.
I just see the future, and it looks grim. It's already started in certain areas, and I'm afraid it will spread like a cancer. I hope I'm wrong.
The "Fun Police" seem to win all to often, but do you notice how the Gov't always makes more $$$ when the Fun Police win?? They don't make any money when they leave us alone and let us enjoy ourselves.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default too many regulations

cant do chit without someone *****in this is how its becomming , as long as weall sit back and watch our liberties go up in smoke hell you cant even get drunk and walk home without breaking the law our sport is doomed too loud too fast too everthing , pisses one off , catalitic converters next , now you got performance , but if you can only go 40 who cares , hell i cant even bare foot at 40 fed up i am sorrry for the rant rob
Old 07-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN
cant do chit without someone *****in this is how its becomming , as long as weall sit back and watch our liberties go up in smoke hell you cant even get drunk and walk home without breaking the law our sport is doomed too loud too fast too everthing , pisses one off , catalitic converters next , now you got performance , but if you can only go 40 who cares , hell i cant even bare foot at 40 fed up i am sorrry for the rant rob
I'll buy you a beer, and you buy me one and we'll try to walk home - that's two beers each. We COULD get public intoxication for that ya know.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

But how are the Carbs?
Old 07-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I am using the CMI external sound choice mufflers. I actually use them in the marinas, but I let it scream out in the ocean. I am lucky that my marina is right inside the inlet, so 95% of my running time is actually in the ocean. In the few places I can go that have enough water in our bay, I usually leave the mufflers open unless there is a police boat around. I hardly ever go anywhere in the bay though (not once yet this year) because it is so crowded that you don't dare get up on plane and run. I like to head out of the marina and straight out into the ocean where there are no jet skiis, no police boats, no speed limits and no noise laws.

Here is the boat running on the hose. I have to admit that I absolutely love that sound!!

http://media.putfile.com/Apache-Flush-2

http://media.putfile.com/Apache-Flush-1

http://media.putfile.com/Apache-45
Old 07-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

I don't like mufflers either...that's why I do not have them! I guess I am fortunate enough that I can avoid the areas where I know the noise laws are enforced (as long as I am a cool customer) and still enjoy my boat.

Last edited by KAAMA; 07-14-2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

The louder the better........The mag with mufflers, is still pretty loud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwnG3DJ3TJk

nothing like big cubes
Old 07-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I'll buy you a beer, and you buy me one and we'll try to walk home - that's two beers each. We COULD get public intoxication for that ya know.
Hell for a while here in TX you could get arrested for public intoxication while you where in the bar.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
"the point"............... Point is that as long as somebody in a harley can role around with loud pipes then so will I. Point is that as long as bass boats fly around with their loud two stroke engines then so will I. Point is as long as fighter jets and private helicopters can buzz over my house at night making noise then so will I. So how many people think they will start telling motorcycles or airplanes to quiet down? Is this going to be a "yet" too?
Yeah, Harleys are loud. N'it cool!

Quick Reply: I got mufflers...I don't like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.