Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Finally pulled the boat out of the barn... >

Finally pulled the boat out of the barn...

Notices

Finally pulled the boat out of the barn...

Old 07-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
I still think the Cafe has the best looking lines of any offshore boat. Looks great!
Yep I hope to own one soon! Only prob is I have to buy a bigger house to keep the Mrs happy.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a great lookin' Cafe........very tasteful.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:09 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Have fun Sean nice to see you out there.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the truck is has the 6.0L engine and has the "tow package"...and i think i'm pushing it's limits on the towing. the suspension works great and doesnt squat like i see a lot of fords doing. i think the gooseneck also helps distribute the load better. as far as the brakes, they do an ok job...i always leave myself plenty of room for braking, and the trailer brakes certainly to ALOT of the work.

the trailer is about to go in the shop to be redone...there's a bunch of surface rust that needs to be taken care of, so i'm gonna redo the whole thing...and get some new wheels...those "Candies" are shot!

i'll get some pics of the bilge this week...the 496s are plain, but they start every time

donz, i had the cover custom made for the Superboat. I didn't want to put any holes in the boat...it goes on easily, sheds the water nicely and allows plenty of airflow throughout the boat...

thx for all the comments guys...
Old 07-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Hey Sean - hope to meet up with you on the water this summer. Now that I'm working back in Manhattan, I sold my Duramax and bought a regular cab 6.0. I have actually been positively impressed at how it tows the Powerplay. Even low tide with the trailer in the mud, no problem. The biggest difference I see is on the highway, especially around hills, keeping your speed up. The Duramax never even seemed like it was working, the 6.0 is definatately working, but does pull the boat no problem. You must love the 496s after your other motors. Maybe we'll see you at Claudios sometime soon!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Registered

Sean

Boat looks great. I will be out in Shelter Island this weekend. Have to go to a Party on Sat. But if you are out on Sun lets get the rigs out and burn some gas....
Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice place Sean!

Been working on the 20'?

Kurt
Old 07-16-2007, 09:50 AM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by cuda
I still think the Cafe has the best looking lines of any offshore boat. Looks great!
And Seans is my favorite Cafe. Not over the top. Just a classy update.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thx boys... I'll be out and about this weekend...have to haul the boat at Albertson's on Saturday for a cleaning and then...who knows...

the 20 is still at my parents...i'll get started on it this winter. i was going to do the donzi, but it looks like i'm going to have to sell it...too many boats and not enough room!

i do love those 496s... who wants to go to Block for lunch?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo dude!
Looking good as ever Sean. We've got to make it out that way this summer. You need to consider the electric over hydraullic conversion when you do up the trailer. I towed the Bullet down to Murray in June & they are the cats azz.

Quick Reply: Finally pulled the boat out of the barn...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.