Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Brick N.J.? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/163676-brick-n-j.html)

Superboat502 07-18-2007 11:06 AM

Lol Great trend guys it just keeps getting funnier, who would have thought such a simple question could have turned in to all this.

McGary911 07-18-2007 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2202129)
What day and time is the car show? I didn't even know about it. The marina is 10 minutes away from Mon. Park. If you have time shoot down and I'll buy ya a beer at the dockside bar. To get to the marina you just get on Joline Ave and take it out to Ocean Ave., the marina is a couple miles north on Ocean Ave.

I have a BBQ to go to at 4 pm Saturday though.

The car show is Sunday. Gates for monmouth park open around 11:30 i think? judging is typically 3:15 or so. It's a great time. I know that bar. Are you talking about the waterside cafe, right in the marina, or the Cove, a little more north? Not sure if I'll be in the area on Saturday or not, but shoot me an email with your #, and i'll give you a call if in end up in that neck of the woods.

If anyone ends up at the car show, look me up. I'll probably have some kind of boat T shirt on..... Always some high quality metal at the show.....

email address is mcgary911 AT gmail.com

John McGary

Hauling Trash 07-18-2007 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ron P (Post 2202353)
These guys should be in the dictionary next to the word PINEY.

Oh, and this photo was taken in (609) Tuckerton, the capitol of Pineydom.

I love my Piney

Lucididee 07-18-2007 11:59 AM

Who needs Fear Factor when all you have to do is drive in Jersey and visit places like Newark, East Orange, Trenton, or Camden.

McGary911 07-18-2007 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lucididee (Post 2201844)
That's right by me. But I'll be in Seaside Heights this Saturday. NJPPC is hosting the Shore Dreams for Kids event. See if you can come down.

2006 Shore Dreams ~ part 1
2006 Shore Dreams ~ part 2
2005 Shore Dreams

The car show's on Sunday. See my other post. If you're in the area, stop by and say Hey. I actually, helped out with the Shore Dreams for kids a few years back. I was doing morning radio at the time, and we did a lot of promotion for the event. I even did a live broadcast from the event. It's a really great cause. I'm sure it'll be another great time.

Panther 07-18-2007 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by McGary911 (Post 2202437)
The car show is Sunday. Gates for monmouth park open around 11:30 i think? judging is typically 3:15 or so. It's a great time. I know that bar. Are you talking about the waterside cafe, right in the marina, or the Cove, a little more north? Not sure if I'll be in the area on Saturday or not, but shoot me an email with your #, and i'll give you a call if in end up in that neck of the woods.

If anyone ends up at the car show, look me up. I'll probably have some kind of boat T shirt on..... Always some high quality metal at the show.....

email address is mcgary911 AT gmail.com

John McGary

Yup! Waterfront Cafe was the old name, it has a new owner and it's called Ross' Dockside now. They renovated the inside and put a brick oven at the outside bar. I'm in the marina in the row of lifts on D Dock (E Dock has nothing on us!:rolleyes: ). I'll shoot you a PM with my contact info.

Frank

Panther 07-18-2007 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash (Post 2202448)
I love my Piney

The name Joe Dirt comes to mind! :drink:

Then you have "Piney Mobiles".... You know, the old beat up Dodge Dart with rusted quarter panels that are primed grey with 3 other color quarter panels they got from the junk yard. Don't forget all the crane, msd, K&N stickers in the rear quarter windows!! :D

Or the old Bronco with the rear cap removed and rusted roll bar with "hockey puck" lift kit and 33" tires that rub when you turn the wheel to much.... :eek: Poor fella paid 300 for the truck, $2 for the hockey pucks and $1500 for the "used" tires and rims! :evilb:

sakoutis3 07-18-2007 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2202486)
The name Joe Dirt comes to mind!
Then you have "Piney Mobiles".... You know, the old beat up Dodge Dart with rusted quarter panels that are primed grey with 3 other color quarter panels they got from the junk yard. Don't forget all the crane, msd, K&N stickers in the rear quarter windows!! :D

Or the old Bronco with the rear cap removed and rusted roll bar with "hockey puck" lift kit and 33" tires that rub when you turn the wheel to much.... :eek: Poor fella paid 300 for the truck, $2 for the hockey pucks and $1500 for the "used" tires and rims! :evilb:

Kinda like your Suburban with the greasy tools and buckets of motor oil in the back.:eek: :drink:

Panther 07-18-2007 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by sakoutis3 (Post 2202503)
Kinda like your Suburban with the greasy tools and buckets of motor oil in the back.:eek: :drink:

I'm going to sports authority to buy hockey pucks tonight and I saw some nice rims with some nubby tires in the asbury park press!! The add in the press says the tires are located in Bricktucky!!!

ROAD TRIP!! :evilb: :evilb:

Ron P 07-18-2007 12:43 PM

Piney = NJ's version of RedNecks.:D