Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Philadelphia/Delaware river OSO members (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/16372-philadelphia-delaware-river-oso-members.html)

bajabob38 02-20-2002 08:59 AM

Sounds like it's time for a OSO gathering @ D&B's.:cool:

Jayl13 02-20-2002 09:02 AM

D&B has public docks?
I know that tiny marina is there but is there a place that you can dock for free ?
What about that gas dock they have there, would they be pissed if you left your rig tied to that?
Hi Perf, what cha gonna do to yer engine?
Inquiring minds want to know!!!
I know I have to pull my heads off in next 2 weeks or so (when it is somewhat warm out)
Probably have to have them sent out and redone
Well, who is up for a D&B run in say first week in May?
Jason

HiPerf2000 02-20-2002 10:19 AM

D&B does have some public docks (on the north side).....but the water has been getting a bit low in there at low tide.

As for the motor, I added some (more) smoke to it last year, and never really got it dialed in....i am playing with pullys to see where i want my boost to be. Plus i have the slightest oil (small small amount in bilge)leak and can't seem to locate it......So i figure i will pull the motor, find the leak, and make sure everything is absolutely right before i run it for the season.

Hopefully I should be up for an early May run!!!!!!! :D If my boat is not ready, I'll drive down by car and hang out on BajaBob's boat.....but this time i'll wear a helmet & padding ;)

bajabob38 02-20-2002 10:45 AM

Hey Mark.
Thats funny :D How's the knee?

DaveP 02-20-2002 11:47 AM

Hey Bob,

WUUUUUUHAAAAPUND Last Friday?????????:eek:

I was talking to C-Spray yesterday. I think we're going to do something in early April. Trying to pin-down what we want to do.

We'll make sure Sy is there for you!:D

HiPerf2000 02-20-2002 12:07 PM

Originally posted by bajabob38
Hey Mark.
Thats funny :D How's the knee?

What's up Bob.....I thought you'd like my last Post :mad: The knee is comming along pretty good :).......A couple months and i'll be good as new --- falling all over the docks :p

I'll see you guys in May!!!!

toolman 02-20-2002 08:37 PM

Jayl13,

I used to launch in Burlington NJ, but would like to try Neshaminy state park. How's the ramp there? I looked at it and it seems pretty steep, but the docks look great! I suppose it's real busy on weekends, right?

We hope to hit the water sometime in April. Look for us in a Formula 303. (Tenacious)

Hope to meet all you guys (and Girls) out there this year! Get out the gas card, we're goin boatin'!!!

Dave "toolman"

Jayl13 02-21-2002 07:16 AM

Well there are actually 2 ramps in neshaminy state park
The one is the big steep one that you mentioned and yes it gets quite busy
Especially if there are alot of boaters that are chicken to back down it and dont have that much experience in launching.
and the flip side, alot of people waiting to dock, get their trailers and back them down and get their boats loaded back on their trailers.
If you get there early enough, you should have minimal issues unless you run twins with wide open exhaust at 730 AM
Then you get a few glances and such but hey, that is a part of boating
you dont see me *****ing about the fat slob in his 46 foot sailboat
jibing and tacking all over the channel so I cant get around him do you? (well maybe if you were close enough to my boat you would hear me *****ing but that is another story)

Ramp is good, just make sure you take it easy, that ramp is notiourus (sp?) for being slimy and mucky all the time no matter what tide your dunking in or out.
I use my 4 w low and she marches up that ramp with no problem and the boat weighs in at about 10 thou or so ish?
The little ramp out front in the main channel is small, normally you see little john boats and wave runners out there so the big guys dont really bother with that one.
Parking sort of sucks cause the guys with their 17 foot crestliners and **** always take the spots allocated for the trailers that are like 36-45 feet long and you have this oldsmobile cierra or some **** with this little gay moron trailer sitting there and you could fit like 4 of them in that one spot -- Some people just dont think sometimes but hey, that is why Trenton marine is more or less the hot spot in the area for HP boats. Your among people that spend buku bucks on their boats and want them protected from the elements and more from just stupid jackass people.
Personally they are too expensive for my tastes and when I called them last week for plexiglass, acryllic or plastic mirrors and a temp spot to block my boat for a week they just were like F you pal, so I have no sympathy for those loozers.
I dont think the concrete slab goes out that far either there so you might run into the problem that your trailer might be sinking in some muck out there so just some friendly advice

God it is going to be 60 today and Im jonesing for constant lows of 60 now, I have to get working onthis boat to get her ready to jam this summer
Getting married in May, honeymoon in May, April is some engagement party shower freakin thing so the sooner I get started the better off I am going to be.

COME ON SPRING -- GET A MOVE ON !!!!!!

Best bet, take a drive to the ramp on a saturday or something and scope it out and see what you think. the docks are a-1 perfect but when you see the little crappy streets you have to wind through and around to get to the marina, dont be scared, if I can get my old bosses 42 ft eagle in there, you wont have anyproblems with your formula.
My baja was no problem either (30 ft)
just watch out for the kids, so dumb they run out in front of you while your packing 6 tons of truck, boat , trailer and fuel!!!
Talk to you soon
Jason

C_Spray 02-22-2002 03:04 PM

I'm going down to Dredge Harbor Marina tomorrow to check on a few things on the boat before spring gets too close. It's my understanding that DHM will sign up again as a club sponsor, which mens we should be able to repeat the May Raftup party. I spoke with DaveP, and we'd like to get something dialed in for D&B's on April 13th. Stay tuned...

CAP071 02-22-2002 03:13 PM

I just got off the phone with the boat dealer in Jackson, Mississippi, I leave saturday March 2nd to run a sea trial on a 1999 baja outlaw 29 with twin mags. If eveything is ok. I am buying it so I will be at any party spots this summer. Now If I can only sell my 25'3 checkmate LOL great never thought I would own 2 boats !!!!!!!!!!!! Hey what do you pay at dredge for a slip? is it in water or dry ? :)