If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    My Boats:

Quote Originally Posted by BajaFresh View Post
    I was just discussing this today. There has to be a ton of profit in it for dealers and mfgrs. It's just crazy what they are asking for what you get. I think they have capitalized on the booming housing market and economy for the last few years but it's going to catch up with them soon. Especially with the used market flooded like it is now. When I can buy a boat like this for $200K:

Why on earth would I want to buy a new 25' boat for more???

My Boats:
    05 35 Fountain EX
    West Creek NJ
    A guy at my marina just bought an 07 260 Formula bowrider for 128gs thats what I paid for my Fastech last year

My Boats:
    ar15meister jump into it when you can. i'm 53 and bought my first boat this year past. its 20 yrs old and does sammy hagar on the gps. thats peanuts to most of the guys here on this forum but i love it . gonna get comfortable with it then go bigger and faster. i regret not jumping in years ago. if your gonna be in debt let it be over a boat. good luck

the only time i catch the big guys is at the dock

Charter Member #232 Charter Member Audiofn's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
    Carlisle, MA USA
    Quote Originally Posted by DoTheMath View Post
    LOL! Yeah Jon, I have / had it figured out - and if there were 40% margin to be had in a new boat, I'd agree - but... we all know that's not the case. With a production boat, you might get what 20%; 25% if you offer to prep and deliver it yourself!? I know MSRP means jack, but... if you take $215K and pull 20% from it you get $172k - for a 25' boat, and no trailer! So, (the mfg.) jacks up the overall pricing - offers sweet "mfg. finance rates", and you end up pre-paying a big chunk your financing by basically financing more $$$... yep, I get it!

I like Brian's idea - $120K for a truly custom - real 28' - boat, all set, ready to go, annnnnd you get a trailer so you don't need to drag it by the d-ring down the street!?

I was told that they are being VERY agresive with the real world prices.
    Put your best foot forward!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345