Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who needs a new stereo....for free? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/163839-who-needs-new-stereo-free.html)

Ron P 07-18-2007 11:35 AM

Who needs a new stereo....for free?

Here's the deal.

I was sent some incredible stereo speakers (4 - 6" and one 12" woofer plus amp) from Thunder Marine and hoped to install it in my neighbors new (to him) 2006 TG Unlimited. But the boat already had a similar system so why mess with it.

So I now need a volunteer! Here's what's required.

1. Must be in the Toms River NJ area.
2. Must be willing to do a full install - cut holes for speakers.
3. Must have a head end - I only have speakers and amp.
4. Must be willing to pay for anything not included with speakers.
5. Must be willing to use boat in photo shoot.
6. Must be willing to crank it up and have girls dance on deck.
7. Must know girls willing to dance on deck in bikinis!

Any takers?

If more than one person replies, we might have to turn this into a fun raffle or something. Ideas on how to choose the right boat with the best accustics?

Bajagus 07-18-2007 12:45 PM

Bring the stuff to St Clair next week. We can put it in my boat after the race!!!

Gus

Panther 07-18-2007 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P (Post 2202413)
Here's the deal.

I was sent some incredible stereo speakers (4 - 6" and one 12" woofer plus amp) from Thunder Marine and hoped to install it in my neighbors new (to him) 2006 TG Unlimited. But the boat already had a similar system so why mess with it.

So I now need a volunteer! Here's what's required.

1. Must be in the Toms River NJ area.
2. Must be willing to do a full install - cut holes for speakers.
3. Must have a head end - I only have speakers and amp.
4. Must be willing to pay for anything not included with speakers.
5. Must be willing to use boat in photo shoot.
6. Must be willing to crank it up and have girls dance on deck.
7. Must know girls willing to dance on deck in bikinis!

Any takers?

If more than one person replies, we might have to turn this into a fun raffle or something. Ideas on how to choose the right boat with the best accustics?

Well crap, I'm not in Toms River...... but can fulfill 2 thru 5 and 6/7 would need to be pre-approved by my wife! :drink:

Audiofn 07-18-2007 01:01 PM

Ron I could do the installation for you if you like. Lots of boats available to me. Could take pictures for you and give my opinion on the equipment. Next two weeks will be slow work weeks for me in Maine so it could work out well.

Jon

Audiofn 07-18-2007 01:03 PM

Not sure you want any Maine women in your shots however :eek: :eek: :drink: :drink:

Ron P 07-18-2007 01:05 PM

I think the sub may dissassemble your old resin bucket at the molecular level.:D

Your in Joisey so it can't be too far. Send me a PM if your truly interested in putting some big holes in your boat.

Ron P 07-18-2007 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2202541)
Ron I could do the installation for you if you like. Lots of boats available to me. Could take pictures for you and give my opinion on the equipment. Next two weeks will be slow work weeks for me in Maine so it could work out well.

Jon

What kind of boats do you have available?

I'd really like to be able to see the way it installs and even give a hand.

Audiofn 07-18-2007 01:09 PM

Probably Cig 38, Sutphen 26 footer, Cig Mistique (sp), Donzi........

Audiofn 07-18-2007 01:10 PM

Not a far drive for ya and I can assure you we would have fun!!!! LOL

Ron P 07-19-2007 04:53 PM

Anyone closer or Jon gets the system.