Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see???? >

Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see????

Notices

Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see????

Old 07-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah yes! The matching ladder! Been there ...seen that
That's BLING !

Bob....things are just not the same without you here

I'll be calling you in the morning...
Hans
Old 07-18-2007, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
I'll be calling you in the morning...
Hans

Think you better - lots to tell !! LOL

Where did Wally go ?

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 07-18-2007 at 11:29 PM. Reason: not sure. LOL
Old 07-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bob, is the mill back together yet? Going to run with alec again Saturday. You going to be around the port?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 914 Likes on 460 Posts

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
I hope to be there with my wife and kids this sunday, will stay at the mariott or hilton. then off to fort lauderdale to get a boat

We are also booked at th eHilton right now...problem is my wife was surfing and found out that right next door is the Raddison and apparently they are doing MAJOR renovations and theres construction noise much of the time.......she is now looking to move us to another resort....she looking at teh Marco Island Beach resort just down the road a little bit.....i'm gonna try and stear here to the Sanibel Resort if you guys say its cool.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Bob I was wondering when you would chime in, on Sunday after the run we went to downtown Naples and tin city I liked it there and not to far from Marco.

Wally how come you're going to FL in July, are you crazy boy that's when it is finally nice in ChiTown.

Bob is the boat up and running, I've been meaning to call you to see when you are heading this way. We have had great weather and are actually hoping for rain, week days of course
Only reason we are going down now is because with Margarets new job she cant realy take any other time of the year off for a while (she works at Macy's) So she needs to take some vacation days or loose them all together and the result is us going now.....i could care less when we go to tell ya the truth.. this is all a last minute thing

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Thanks for all the suggestions.....i think that Ferry ride ride down to Key West sounds like something i'd like to do! And we were talking about doing the air boat thin as well....buddy of mine in Tampa says theres a beach just north...or maybe aroudn Naples that has shark teeth all over the place...you can walk down the beach and pick them up like sea-shells.....may have to go check that out as well

Are there any cool clubs in that area? I know the wife is gonna wanna go dancing or something...i know its not gonna be hoppin during the week but maybe Sat night when we get it we can hit the night scene..

Old 07-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Wally;2203619]....buddy of mine in Tampa says theres a beach just north...or maybe aroudn Naples that has shark teeth all over the place...you can walk down the beach and pick them up like sea-shells.....may have to go check that out as well

Venice Beach. Dave
Old 07-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

[QUOTE=Wardey;2203689]
Originally Posted by Wally
....buddy of mine in Tampa says theres a beach just north...or maybe aroudn Naples that has shark teeth all over the place...you can walk down the beach and pick them up like sea-shells.....may have to go check that out as well

Venice Beach. Dave
Yes thats it! thanks for the reminder

Old 08-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Well Marco Island was cool....we stayed at the Hilton....if you don't have any kids or want a quiet place to stay i'd say go there.....we walked the beach many times and went exploring to some of the other Hotels....the Marriott is very cool but its more of a city and lots of kids running around. Busy place for sure!

We tried to go to Sanibel Island one day but got lost as there are no real signs pointing to it off of I-75 and i forgot to grab the map with me on the way out......to top off that trip when i finally did find how to get there, there was apparently an accident on a bridge with a truck and causing all sorts of traffic! So the wife was done with driving around for the rest of the time there!

I did convince her to go into Naples to 5th street and she loved it there! Had dinner at Virgina's(?) nice place and sat outside right on the strip. Snooks was OK..reminds me more of a Hooters but without the scantly clad women....We really liked Guy Harveys in Marco Island! AWESOME fries and burgers!

There was also a go-fast that came buy during the week....i think it was the Maximus Cig.....HOLY COW did it sound sweet!!! and the rooster it was throwing was a site to see that made my trip right then and there! I believe the tow rig for that Cig was at Guy Harveys one night...has "thunder boat row" across the bottom of it and stickers all over the place....nice

On the last day were where there, a storm came through the night before and washed up lots of "stuff" i felt sorry for anyone that was arriving that day.....a local told me they were "sea-squirts" never heard of them before but they looked like cow dung! And smelled along the same lines too!! Lots of them along the beaches....we found two cup fulls of cool shells and we even rescued 3 baby octopus (octopus's? Octopie? )

We are already planning to go back again some time soon! Thanks to all that gave recommendations.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Registered

Glad you had a good time. That part of Florida has become our favorite.

Quick Reply: Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.