Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see???? >

Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see????

Notices

Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see????

Old 07-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.......and remember it is OK to like (love) The Gulf Coast. I see more plates that read "Land Of Lincoln" then any others all year long.

Rag's
Old 07-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out Stan's on Sunday, they draw a big crowd.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered

Stan's on Goodland is my favorite...best on a Sunday afternoon. There is also a pretty cool sports bar called The Sand Bar, they have a great whole lobster deal. If you lke barbeque try Porky's. We take our boat down to Marco each winter and just love the Gulf Coast!! Have a great trip!!!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered

As Sakoutis said.........try Sanibel Harbor Resort /Spa

Even though we have a house in Cape Coral we still
ocasionally stay at the Resort. It also doesn't hurt that
my wife worked there for 2 years and we stay for next
to nothing. Seriously, was totally rebuilt after hurricane
Charley. Close to the island and Ft Myers.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
Wife and i are gonna be there for a week starting July 28th just to get away from here and relax......never been i nthis area of Florida before...anythign worth doing or seeing around there? Let me know! Thanks
Wally,

While it can be quiet around Marco in July there can still be some great things to do and see. On a Sunday you should go rent a center console from Marco River Marina. Pack a cooler with food and beverage and go to Keewaydin Island for the day. Keewaydin is only a mile or so north of Marco. It can be accessed from the Gulf (not recommended unless you are following a local) or the intercoastal. It has a great beach and is party central, even in July.
Just a word or warning tho. Watch out for the "Naples Gang". They are pictured next to Smithboys new 39 Nor Tech. Other 2 are NaplesBaja and Captnate.
Also be sure to see Hans ( rockstrmkr). He will steer you in the right direction. Just don't believe him if he tells you he can make you into a rock star - I'm still waitin! LOL
Enjoy,
Bob
Attached Thumbnails Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see????-keewaydin-1.jpg   Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see????-keywayden-2.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

I hope to be there with my wife and kids this sunday, will stay at the mariott or hilton. then off to fort lauderdale to get a boat
Old 07-18-2007, 09:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
I hope to be there with my wife and kids this sunday, will stay at the mariott or hilton. then off to fort lauderdale to get a boat
Our weather up in Canada this summer has been so cool and unsettled I have been threatening to fly down to Marco for a fix.
Enjoy. Wish I were there to take you guys around but maybe later in the year.

This pic is of Cape Romano. It is 5 miles south of Marco and where you go for quiet and to escape the craziness of Keewaydin. Also only accessable by boat.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see????-dscf0167.jpg  
Old 07-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Registered

Bob I was wondering when you would chime in, on Sunday after the run we went to downtown Naples and tin city I liked it there and not to far from Marco.

Wally how come you're going to FL in July, are you crazy boy that's when it is finally nice in ChiTown.

Bob is the boat up and running, I've been meaning to call you to see when you are heading this way. We have had great weather and are actually hoping for rain, week days of course
Old 07-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Registered

Bob that last picture cracks me up, not to often you see a 50' beached so far up in the sand like that. did you guys bring a ladder to climb down You really got her up there you must have been kicking some sand up.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Bob that last picture cracks me up, not to often you see a 50' beached so far up in the sand like that. did you guys bring a ladder to climb down You really got her up there you must have been kicking some sand up.

Actually that is Mike's ( OSO Smithboys ) 39 NT beached. Have to watch you don't get hung up with an outgoing tide. About every couple of hours we need to back up some. The sand there is like baby powder and does not hurt the bottom.
Yes, we all carry 4 ft step ladders to dismount. When I went to the hardware store to buy mine all they had were these fiberglass orange and yellow ones that just happen to be a perfect match to my paint. Once I overheard someone walking down the beach say " sheesh, even the ladder matches his boat !" LOL

Quick Reply: Marco Island Fl.....whats there to do/see????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.