Notices

I need some suggestions!

Old 07-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some suggestions!

I'm new to the board so hello too all the great people on here already! This is an awsome website and i have enjoyed reading your posts and getting new ideas! I have been boating on Lake Martin in central Alabama for years and i wanted to buy a bigger powerboat. I really like the Fountains but the lake just recently had a length and power restriction put on it. I am closer to the river and it doesn't have a restriction so i may have to start boating there. After a few trips to the Coast for a few summers looking at all the big offshore boats around the Gulf Coast i think next summer i will be ready to buy a new boat! I'm looking to buy around a 25' to 29' boat. Since this will be my first powerboat (I currently have a 20' Mariah) what kind of suggestions do you guys have on a good solid built reliable boat. I also had the thought of a performance deck boat like a Ultra or an Advantage or something like that. That way the family and some friends can go and we can all have a good time. Keep in mind i will be on the Alabama river and on the Gulf every now and again. Thanks in advance for the advice!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Registered

Default ???????

Ok guys you mean there have been 17 people look at this post and nobody has a suggestion?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dlgibson11
I'm new to the board so hello too all the great people on here already! This is an awsome website and i have enjoyed reading your posts and getting new ideas! I have been boating on Lake Martin in central Alabama for years and i wanted to buy a bigger powerboat. I really like the Fountains but the lake just recently had a length and power restriction put on it. I am closer to the river and it doesn't have a restriction so i may have to start boating there. After a few trips to the Coast for a few summers looking at all the big offshore boats around the Gulf Coast i think next summer i will be ready to buy a new boat! I'm looking to buy around a 25' to 29' boat. Since this will be my first powerboat (I currently have a 20' Mariah) what kind of suggestions do you guys have on a good solid built reliable boat. I also had the thought of a performance deck boat like a Ultra or an Advantage or something like that. That way the family and some friends can go and we can all have a good time. Keep in mind i will be on the Alabama river and on the Gulf every now and again. Thanks in advance for the advice!

I guess the biggest question is what budget are you trying to stay with? How much ocean time do you hope to spend or is it mostly stick to the lakes and rivers? Im in the process of the design of my 27 ultra right now at first we were going to do a deck boat but we can carry the same amount of people and my wife likes having a mid cab. And cost wise they are the same starting price infact a 28 v is the same price.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:21 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you have already had length and power restrictions, the next thing is noise.
How about a Performance Center Console.
Good offshore handling.
Plenty of space for the family and friends.
Should do mid 60s w/ reasonable power.
Plenty of warranty.
And decent for some fun fishing and water sports.
Kinda like this. Just a thought.
Attached Thumbnails I need some suggestions!-16252_2.jpg  

Last edited by Stormrider; 07-19-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered

Default Thanks for the info?

Yeah i have thought about the noise restriction too and i was just gonna put some mufflers on it if i had too. I have thought about a center console fishing with maybe a dual engine set-up. It has plenty of room and a good ride on the ocean. I will probably make it to the ocean 5-10 times a year! Mainly i will be on the lakes and rivers. But i still want the room and smooth ride ya know. I was thinking on spending no more than probably 65k!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Budget is going to make a big difference in the suggestions you recieve.
I'm in the market for a boat about the same size you're looking for.
I would say if you're just looking at getting into perf boating, and still want a bit of a family feel boat with a punch, the normal production boats will suit you fine. ie Formula, Fountain, Baja...
If you're looking to jump into perf boating with both feet, I'd be looking Pantera, Saber, Older Cig or Magnum, Apache - if you can find them.

As I'm shopping now, I'm looking at most of the above.
I had an older Baja, and that's what got me hooked. Now I want to go all the way, but it teetering on budget.

Well, you were looking for suggestions...
Old 07-19-2007, 08:50 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You really ought to consider a center consol type boat. A 26 to 32 PERFORMANCE CC is a very good all around boat. Look at Concept, Fountain, Donzi ect with twins.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Registered

Default Thanks guys!

Yeah i was looking at Fountain and Baja right now because they have dealerships around this area! I probably do need to try that route before i jump into a big purchase. F311 those are some nice boats and i have really started to consider that option because you have plenty of room and you can still take it into the big water. Thanks guys for the help i really appreciate your time and help!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Buy my 2000 - 29' Fountan...great boat and fits inside the length requirements....
Attached Thumbnails I need some suggestions!-29fountain2000helm.jpg   I need some suggestions!-29fountain2000cockpit.jpg   I need some suggestions!-29fountain2000engines.jpg  

Last edited by fountain4play; 07-20-2007 at 04:52 PM.