Notices

Mid Cabin

Old 07-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid Cabin

Well after 6 months of looking, surveys and brawling with my wife and kids, we all compromised. At first it was an argument between a cuddy for me and bowrider for my wife and kids. I had a 28 Sonic picked out and surveyed. Then the rain came, and came and came some more. For the past two month there are no boat ramps open on my lake (Lewisville, TX) due to flooding. The lake is only about 4 ft below the Interstate bridge, another 2 days of heavy stuff, and then the real mess begins. Considering I have a ramp in my neighborhood and I'm only 500yrds from the lake I feel kinda lucky (for a change) that I'm not paying for a boat to just sit on the trailer. You look out on the lake and normally there would be about 100 boats out, now about 20, those who are lucky to have a slip and a canoe to paddle out to it. (Still don't know how they are gassing up.)

So after just looking around, I saw a Sunsation and Envision Mid Cabin that were awesome. My daughter was with me and she thought it would be perfect, so I'll give a little and go with a mid. That way the kids can have a bunch of friends on it, and then I can kick them off and have fun.

I saw a Profile 304, that caught my eye, but don't know much about them. I know they changed owners and supposedly fixed the problems that they were having. I have a Baha Mach 1 in consideration also, I still can't put the boat in the water so I'm gonna wait till the season is over in most states and hope the price drops a little.

If anyone knows anything about the newer Profile 304s please let me know.

thanx
Old 07-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Sorry, don't know much about the new profiles but as far as the Sunsation and Envision goes, I would pick the sunsation. I absolutely hate the lines on the Envisions (mainly the nose). I work for a marina at LOTO so I have drove a few of each and they both ride good. Even as much as I hate the looks of the Envision I will say they do ride quite well. Anyways, good luck on the search!
Old 07-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bert,

There is a sweet 32 Mid cabin Sunsation in the oso classifieds. It looks like a real clean boat.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 AM
Registered

Unfortunately too big for tow, and too much $$. I'm pretty sure I can get the boat that I want if I'm just patient and thorough. But I would sure as hell love to have a 32.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
Unfortunately too big for tow, and too much $$. I'm pretty sure I can get the boat that I want if I'm just patient and thorough. But I would sure as hell love to have a 32.
This 32 MCOB is mine, the motors (warranty replacement)are new as of last week and only have been run on the hose. Mercury extended warranty until 12-2010. It is currently at the local Sunsation dealer to be sold.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o16094-en.html

Last edited by SpeedGirl; 02-21-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Registered

I have a 314 mach one open bow for sale.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
This 32 MCOB is mine, the motors (warranty replacement)are new as of last week and only have been run on the hose. Mercury extended warranty until 12-2010. It is currently at the local Sunsation dealer to be sold.

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o16094-en.html
Wow! Very interesting boat, never seen one before.

Last edited by SpeedGirl; 02-21-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark
Wow! Very interesting boat, never seen one before.
Here is a link to Hotboat article on the 04 32 MCOB in classified: http://sunsationboats.com/articles/hotboat0304.pdf

Also see www.sunsationboats.com

Innovative boats put together by guys with the best customer service in the industry. Call the factory at 6 am M-Sat and one if not both of the owners will be there to answer your call.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Registered

Nordic makes a 28-foot mid-cabin.

http://www.nordicpowerboats.com/models/v28/index.html

Are you looking for new or used?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My last boat was a 29' Envision mid-cabin powered by a 496HO. The cabin is pretty good sized, and the boat has great freeboard. I never felt concerned for the safety of my kids - it's a great rough water boat.

It's also a heavy boat. It ran sixty with the 496HO but it does run bow down if you load the boat to capacity, which is why I went to a twin powered 32.

Quick Reply: Mid Cabin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.