Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tell me what you think.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/164148-tell-me-what-you-think.html)

CAPTAIN CHUCK 07-22-2007 08:47 PM

Tell me what you think....

I am trying to reach out to my OSO bros and get some advice and or help. I will be putting my 1994 24' Baja Outlaw, yes the one that is now just a hull, on ebay in a couple of weeks and I need to find out what I may be able to get for it. I am thinking of selling the whole thing as a package deal. I have everything seperated as of now. The hull, the original 454 mag(locked up), and the bravo one drive. I also have the trailer(which works but needs some work) and misc. parts. I know I am not going to get much but something is better than nothing. Any of you super rich guys that want to help a charity case just let me know.:D
Thanks guys,
Chuck

RebarBox 07-22-2007 08:55 PM

The (operational) performance boat market is in the crapper right now - I can only guess what the project performance boat market would be like.:(

Good luck

kennyo 07-23-2007 08:33 AM

Man, you are going to take a serious beating if you don't get it back together. Keep and play with it this winter.

CAPTAIN CHUCK 07-23-2007 10:51 AM

I am going to try to get at least $1500.00 to $2000.00 for everything...Sh!t just the outdrive is worth that....

TexomaPowerboater 07-23-2007 11:04 AM

Good deal on a 24 baja for that year = $13,000

What I would actually pay = $10,000 for one in good condition
Minus new engine (2,500) - jasper switch out
Labor (1,500)

Total $6,000
Seems reasonable to me.

Griff 07-24-2007 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by CAPTCHUCKV (Post 2207055)
I am trying to reach out to my OSO bros and get some advice and or help. I will be putting my 1994 24' Baja Outlaw, yes the one that is now just a hull, on ebay in a couple of weeks and I need to find out what I may be able to get for it. I am thinking of selling the whole thing as a package deal. I have everything seperated as of now. The hull, the original 454 mag(locked up), and the bravo one drive. I also have the trailer(which works but needs some work) and misc. parts. I know I am not going to get much but something is better than nothing. Any of you super rich guys that want to help a charity case just let me know.:D
Thanks guys,
Chuck

I would say this is a very good move on your part. Cut your losses while you can and invest time and money in a different boat.

As far as price???? who knows??? Someone may just buy it for parts.

BAJA WILL 07-24-2007 05:25 AM

put it up but you are going to take a beating, its not that its not worth anything its that the used boat market is crap and your talking about allot of work on a older boat. PM me when you put it up I may be interested, I just need to think if I want that much of a project.

Will

jmeng 07-24-2007 06:53 AM

I think you can probably get a couple thousand for it. Someone will want the parts or the bare hull.

CAPTAIN CHUCK 07-24-2007 09:30 PM

I am looking forward to getting back on the water. The guy down the block is killing me everytime he passes with his Velocity.:angry-smiley-055:

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2209172)
Yep! I know you have an attachment from the storm, ex-wife, etc but nothing like moving on and ahead like getting a new ride!