Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town! WOW!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/164159-long-beach-catalina-rum-run-new-cat-killers-town-wow.html)

Vegas Baby 07-23-2007 08:32 PM

Nice job,

Congratulations Tom.

Carlos

HiPerf2000 07-23-2007 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2207844)
Good to see you Craig!!!! :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Was Craig hiding the Coors light in that pic ??? I know it had to be somewhere

Outdrive1 07-23-2007 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2207676)
That isn't Jay's boat.....at least he wasn't on it.....similar though. It was the pace boat for the Cats and broke a drive and had to let the cats go early......

Your right, it looks like the "Twisted" Fountain, similar colors.

OldSchool 07-24-2007 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000 (Post 2208753)
Was Craig hiding the Coors light in that pic ??? I know it had to be somewhere

Bud Light:cool-smiley-011:

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA (Post 2208854)
Your right, it looks like the "Twisted" Fountain, similar colors.

That is correct

tim mccray 07-24-2007 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2207281)
Congrats Tom, Kevin and Shannon on the win.....

Confirming CRC was 2nd and Teague was 3rd in cats???:eek: :drink:

I told them boys, and gal, to get out there and show them old kitty cat's who's in charge around here. Here kitty kitty...
:D :D

Donzilla 07-24-2007 04:56 PM

No results on POPRA site anybody update full results for all classes?

FASTERDAMITT 07-24-2007 08:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Brian Devlin and I won P5 and 10th overall in my Superboat. His boat was not ready to race so we used mine as a substitute. He was navigator and I drove. What a blast! :D The rest of the classes I missed the results of or was so excited on my first race and win I did not pay attention. Wish I had the answer.

Tom

BADA BING 07-24-2007 09:01 PM

I saw the start of the race from Ocean Blvd and well before the turn bouy to head out Queens gate Tom and crew had walked away from the pack and were way out front...we then went down to the green belt at the finish line and watched the finish, Tom came in 1st overall, and about 2-3min later CRC rolled in, then Bob...at the start the cats started maybe 2min after the first pack left, so really Tom still deserves the first overall win.

The classification after the race win is BS, they just don't want to have to produce next years event t-shirt with another Cig and a rookie winner to boot :D

skater40 07-24-2007 09:27 PM

I think they gave trophies to every body that entered.:cool-smiley-011:

PhantomChaos 07-24-2007 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by BADA BING (Post 2210498)
I saw the start of the race from Ocean Blvd and well before the turn bouy to head out Queens gate Tom and crew had walked away from the pack and were way out front...we then went down to the green belt at the finish line and watched the finish, Tom came in 1st overall, and about 2-3min later CRC rolled in, then Bob...at the start the cats started maybe 2min after the first pack left, so really Tom still deserves the first overall win.

The classification after the race win is BS, they just don't want to have to produce next years event t-shirt with another Cig and a rookie winner to boot :D

LOL....the starts and finishes were timed...but I have no idea if that is the way the Rum Run has alwasy been run. Do you? They had a digital timer thingy on the start/finish boat......