Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town!  WOW!!!!! >

Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town! WOW!!!!!

Notices

Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town! WOW!!!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What total BS
Wonder how much someone got for that???
i'm sure someone got a early birthday gift.

Congrats on the WIN

Your a first class gentleman for posting that. Maybe the other WINNER WILL POST HIS/THERE REPLY
Old 07-26-2007, 03:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tom-for everyone who was there on sunday and watched the start and finish,you are the undisputed v bottom champion.congratulations.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

That sucks that they can pull stuff like that. But Congrats on an awesome run.

But i guess it is a little embarrassing that a pleasure boat beats the race boats
Old 07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Registered

Kevin, now I know to get you some sand bags for Christmas

Jimbo
Old 07-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Here's how it rolled II

I want to point out a few oversights on my part that were brought to my attention.

At the beganing of the day I was mistaken that we were in the P1 class.

When the math was done for the speed of the boat I assumed (my mistake) that we were automatically placed in P1 because of the speed of the boat.

That is not the case. We were in the ski class courtesy of John Haggin providing the entry fee and this being our first race. The math was really irrelevant. The ski class was put there by the "powers of be" to help get more guys to participate in the race. More boats=better show for the city of LB.

I missed the second opporutnunity to put our boat in the P1 class when I signed the paperwork. The paperwork stated "ski class" I missed that! I signed the paperwork like I sign checks!!
Blah...blah...blah! scribble..scribble! My Bad!

The thrid opporutnity that I missed that we were in the wrong class was when we were assigned starting waves. Had we been in P1 then we would of started in the second wave.
Moron move on my part again.

The only mistake Tom made was letting me handle all the paperwork. Sorry Tom!

I also want to point out no matter what class we were in we still came in 2 minutes slower than the overall winner. Thus that makes us the first loser! A timed race is exactly that TIMED.

This year my company was a sponsor for the race and I will do it again next year. I only have myself to blame for the confusion.

Back to therapy!

Kevin
Old 07-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Registered

The V-8 Cigarette ran a fantastic race. Kevin, Tom, and Shannon had the boat running in perfect trim when they blew by us. They are to be congratulated for doing an outstanding job.

Here's a bit of the story many of you may not be aware of. Saturday was the Catalina Ski Race. POPRA offered the Ski Race boats a special entry fee of $100 and their own classes if they wanted to join us on Sunday. This has been posted on the POPRA web site for over a month. Ski Extreme was one of those classes and happened to be the one the V-8 boat was entered in. The P classes run by the offshore boats required boat registration fees, higher entry fees and yes was open to anyone who wanted to race in that class by doing the proper paperwork and paying all the fees. I've been told Haggin (sp) invited the Ski boats and picked up the tab for their entry fee in the ski classes.

Maybe it got confusing with so many people trying to do the right thing to move the sport forward. I don't know. I can tell you everyone had a great time at a great venue put on by people who have the participants best interest at heart. With this information I ask that you temper your comments before we piss off another race producer.

J
P5-02
Old 07-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered

Tom, Shannon, Kevin, no matter what class you were in, time tells all. Thanks for representing Cig and scope so well. You are a classy crew and deserve the recognition. The majority of boaters have no idea what it's like to run over 80 in the ocean, never mind the 100 you guys did.
Hats off and congratulations!!
Old 07-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Kevin that sucks. One of the reasons that I got out of racing was all the political BS. Then I was talking to a buddy of mine the other day and was remembering how much fun it was no matter what the results. Total RUSH!!! You had a blast and that is what matters. Next year you will not make those mistakes again. Couple rounds on me if I ever make it back out there again!!!! If not make Tank and Nort buy them for me
Old 07-29-2007, 03:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Cigarette V-Bottoms have always been wayyyyyy above the rest!
Attached Thumbnails Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town!  WOW!!!!!-flight.jpg  
Old 07-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Registered

Nice Pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Long Beach - Catalina Rum Run.......New Cat Killers in town! WOW!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.