If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newbury Park, CA
    I will certainly second Insurance God's report, also being a passenger clinging to the grab handle in Dude! Sweet!'s 28 Pantera. I had to pry my fingers off afterwards!

Kudos to DS for passing out the life preservers. Great to see a safety minded captain at the helm. They also helped cushion the impacts when we landed! Actually, the impacts were pretty soft in the Pantera 28, considering what we were doing.

We got into some great swells not too far south of Palos Verdes. There was one of them none of us will ever forget, followed by a second one almost the same magnitude. You should have seen the look on everybody's faces! That's fun stuff! You East Coast guys and gals need to get out here and see what we are all talking about.

Thanks for the ride Sean!

There certainly is something unique about going fast in offshore waves and swells.
    I've found it challenging, exhilerating, and even frightening at times.

I always get a kick when I hear stories about "fine tuning" a powerboat for top speed.
    I my experience, there's simply no opportunity to ignore the waters ahead of you
    in order to focus on your gauges and settings.

My Boats:
    '77 Hornet II
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Z/28, that was suggested, but we figured Shawn's butt would get kind of hot with him sitting on the dry sump thank!

Come on, throw some insulation down and toss a shell in there! Between running offshore and riding shotgun on the track...guaranteed Perma-Grin

My Boats:
    Pantera 28
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Michael and Shawn. As I said on Saturday, from now on, when you watch the intro to the Pantera web site, you can say "Hey I did that!". Here's an illustrative photo and a video link... (click on "watch us race"
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Boats:
    2005 34' Shockwave
    Cave Creek, AZ
    I think I saw you guys on Sat as we were coming in to finish the ski race!! The Pantera looked great!

My Boats:
    Zodiac & TBD...
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It probably looked even better in the air.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12