Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rum Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/164170-rum-run.html)

shifter 07-23-2007 01:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)

shifter 07-23-2007 01:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thats it I tried to get everyone there. It was a fun event!!!!!
pat W

Cash Bar 07-23-2007 11:32 AM

I don't think there was enough people in the white Nordic....:rolleyes:

FASTERDAMITT 07-23-2007 12:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Damn Shifter, pretty fast getting those pics up! They're great! Here's my Favorite!:D

FASTERDAMITT 07-23-2007 12:58 PM

And a big speacial thanks to John Haggin, Kevin Cooper and all involved for making this happen! :)
I want to make sure Brian Devlin gets the recognition he deserves for making the race available to me. Hats off to you Brian!!!

shifter 07-23-2007 09:29 PM

I had a shot of you crossing the finish but it was out of focus. That boat runs real well.

Tom Whitam needs to come up to Pittsburg and defend his title. They should let him run in the second group now that he has a race under his belt, and a win. I am sure he will have a blast. Vern and Andreas were lonely during the race. It would have been good to see them run side by side.

It was a great venue.

pat W

FASTERDAMITT 07-23-2007 10:20 PM

I would like to run a P4 or P3 sometime, maybe when I get more offshore seat time. I was lucky enough to run with Brian Devlin of Team AMF RAYLAR in my passenger seat as a navagator. Without his help I would not have ran at all. A BIG speacial thanks to Brian!
As for Pitsburg, that would be great but I would need some sponsorship for the abuse the powertrain takes. I would have a hard time talkin the wife into a new engine and drive twice a year.

shifter 07-23-2007 10:39 PM

3 times a year, do not forget San Diego with the hydros.

pat W

racesdad 07-24-2007 09:56 AM

i had a great time in long beach. it was great to see all my old friends and hang with the new owners of the raggamuffin, peppers, in the red racing team. we will get her on track by pittsburg.
mike

racinginthered 07-24-2007 02:03 PM

I would like to thank all of those who helped us make this dream come true (even if we broke on our way to the milling area), Mike Stancombe "my long lost brother", Ricky Ford "the man the myth the legend" Kevin Cooper for loaning us a drive, Kim and Larry at the Graphics Company for the long nights in their shop getting the boat ready, John Haggin for ALL that he does for EVERY racer and EVERY fan, my wife for putting up with, and most of all Tom Brunner and his family for the long nights, the food, the drink, the encouragement, coaching and keeping a smile on my face when things weren't going our way. Thanks to all for helping. We may not have made the start line, but what an experience it was.

If you want to race, just find a way to make it happen. We did, well sort of.

Oh by the way, Mike, don't show up to the NEXT race driving a PT Cruiser with a rainbow flag on the bumper, people might get the wrong impression.