Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run >

E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run

Notices

E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run

Old 07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boyne I believe was moved becouse Smoke had to move back week and asked Boyne to move. Then Smoke was cancelled. These are two great runs (Boyne and Chicago)that raise alot of money for sick kids, boyne has raised over 100,000 in three short years, maybe all will work togeather next year. I really dont think Boyne was trying to take anything away from Chicago. There are alot of boats that did Smoke and then would come up to Boyne the next weekend, I think Smoke put them in a bad position by having to move there run.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered

Steve - I have to laugh when people talk of political b.s. then get right in the middle of it. I do not know why OL pulled out from Chicago, nor do I care. They still made an appearance at a charitable event and that is what it is all about. It was great to see them at the event.

When I talked to the Boyne people I got the same story as that above. They always try to be a different weekend than Smoke and have full intentions of avoiding Chicago next year. I consider these both local events and two great ones at that. I think this is best worked out between the two organizers and not on here. just my .02

It is my hope next year july will consist of smoke, chicago, boyne plus the st. clair race (each on a different wkend) - now THAT would be a schedule!!!!! I think I'm gonna need a spare everything!!!!

Congrats to both clubs for putting on two very fun, safe events!!!! Now quit being lazy and on next year!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Registered

Great event to be apart of......had a great time! Hope to come again next year!
Old 07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
Gotta love them guys and gals. Everyone always says..... E-DOCK RULES Now I see why. Just a bunch of down to earth boys and girls that just want to have a great time, nomatter what.
I had several people that I've never met before, that came up to me and told me what a fun bunch of people they are, and to make sure they come back next summer. Every time you look at their group in the pits, they were always mingling with all the crowd, passing out T-shirts, giving away coozie cups, and making everyone around them laugh and smile. What a fun lovin group to be with. I think I'm gonna have to head down to Grand Lake to pay those boys a visit real soon.

I know from a post I put on another thread last friday about our Poker Run, it seems as tho some of you guys misunderstood what I was referring to. I was'nt referring to anyone at all about what size boat they run, I was meerly just stating that with all the bragging some guys here do about how excellent of a rough water boat they have, and registering for participating in an event that you know could possibly have some extreme water conditions, waiting til the day before and backing away.
We had boats that are 25' that ran the whole event, because they know what to expect out here and can compensate for it.

I guess what I really need to do, is give an appology to the OuterLimits factory team. We could'nt figure out, who or what scared them away. At first we thought that the weather forcast calling for 5-7 ft waves did it, and I could've understood that. Then, we thought that maybe when they found out that Reggie was coming and possibly bringing a big gun, that did it. And I could understand that too, as seeing how they've been taking a whippin from him over seas. I could see not wantin a whippin at a poker run. I was almost ready to read Reggie the riot act for scarring the OL factory team away, when the E-DOCK boys heard me talkin about it. Well, low and behold, I found out the real reason they

were scared away. It was them darn E-DOCK boys, and they admitted it too. They said they're sorry, but could'nt say it won't happen again. It was actually kinda funny when we were all talking about it. Everbody needs a good laugh now and then, and we all had a good one last weekend.

Now, don't everybody take this the wrong way. This is only about a few select "factory team" scaredy cats. We have one local guy here with one of the sharpest, bad to the bone 47 OL with a pr of 1250's, and Nick with Rocket Man hung with all of us for the long run. It was just too bad that he was alone in representing the OL's. Alot of people were very disappointed about the lack of support from such a "offshore" boat builder like OL.

Now, shame on you E-DOCKERS !!!

I believe Boyne Thunder had about nine of them along with factory support. It's odd how everyone forgets so quickly, how bad OL kicked everyones azz there last year
Old 07-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GATORONE
I believe Boyne Thunder had about nine of them along with factory support. It's odd how everyone forgets so quickly, how bad OL kicked everyones azz there last year
Honestly, do we have to go through this...again? There is NO "AZZ KICKING" in a Poker Run!!!! It's not about how fast you are, or how expensive your boat is, it's about having a good time and meeting new people...something that was exceptionally true during this year's run. Don't make this into an arguement of "E-dock vs. OL" or "Fountain vs. OL"...it's not that at all.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Geepers Wally, it suurrrre appears to be someone against OL...
Old 07-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I saw Rocketman broke down at the dock on Wed of the FPC run from Miami to Key West last year- awesome OL!!

That boat is truely bad! We see it out all the time downtown...I've got some cool pics of him launching before the run right next to Mr. Cig in his 85 Flatdeck...new school/old school!

Unfortunately, something broke on Rocketman almost in Michigan City...he had a loooong idle back.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:54 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
That's fine, I think all the OL's should stay in calm water. And as far as how OL kicked everyones azz last year??? Are you talkin about the 47 OL with 1075's against the 47 Fountain with 525's that they could'nt shake off their azz into the first card stop???
Yeah, I remember that, the Ol was first by about a few seconds over 30 miles of running 8 footers. It's just too bad that Bob Hennif's Fountain did'nt have equal power. Now, that would've been something to watch.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Registered

My buddy wanted to see some OL's since he has only seen them in the mags.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:52 PM
Registered

Thanks Frank. We all feel very priviledged to be able to hang out with such an incredible group of people. You're right, we just like to hang out with like minded individuals and enjoy ourselves. For me it was a great experience and I learned alot about my boat. You guys really won my wife over because before meeting all of the people at this run she never knew why I had so much fun just being at these events.

Quick Reply: E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.