Notices

E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run

Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run

Gotta love them guys and gals. Everyone always says..... E-DOCK RULES Now I see why. Just a bunch of down to earth boys and girls that just want to have a great time, nomatter what.
I had several people that I've never met before, that came up to me and told me what a fun bunch of people they are, and to make sure they come back next summer. Every time you look at their group in the pits, they were always mingling with all the crowd, passing out T-shirts, giving away coozie cups, and making everyone around them laugh and smile. What a fun lovin group to be with. I think I'm gonna have to head down to Grand Lake to pay those boys a visit real soon.

I know from a post I put on another thread last friday about our Poker Run, it seems as tho some of you guys misunderstood what I was referring to. I was'nt referring to anyone at all about what size boat they run, I was meerly just stating that with all the bragging some guys here do about how excellent of a rough water boat they have, and registering for participating in an event that you know could possibly have some extreme water conditions, waiting til the day before and backing away.
We had boats that are 25' that ran the whole event, because they know what to expect out here and can compensate for it.

I guess what I really need to do, is give an appology to the OuterLimits factory team. We could'nt figure out, who or what scared them away. At first we thought that the weather forcast calling for 5-7 ft waves did it, and I could've understood that. Then, we thought that maybe when they found out that Reggie was coming and possibly bringing a big gun, that did it. And I could understand that too, as seeing how they've been taking a whippin from him over seas. I could see not wantin a whippin at a poker run. I was almost ready to read Reggie the riot act for scarring the OL factory team away, when the E-DOCK boys heard me talkin about it. Well, low and behold, I found out the real reason they

were scared away. It was them darn E-DOCK boys, and they admitted it too. They said they're sorry, but could'nt say it won't happen again. It was actually kinda funny when we were all talking about it. Everbody needs a good laugh now and then, and we all had a good one last weekend.

Now, don't everybody take this the wrong way. This is only about a few select "factory team" scaredy cats. We have one local guy here with one of the sharpest, bad to the bone 47 OL with a pr of 1250's, and Nick with Rocket Man hung with all of us for the long run. It was just too bad that he was alone in representing the OL's. Alot of people were very disappointed about the lack of support from such a "offshore" boat builder like OL.

Now, shame on you E-DOCKERS !!!
Attached Thumbnails E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run-image00186.jpg   E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run-image00046.jpg   E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run-image00055.jpg  

www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 07-23-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E-Dock Rules........I didnt know what that meant at the begining of the weekend. But sure did by the end. What a great bunch of guys.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Frank for all the kind words and the hospitality. We truely had great time. We are just a bunch Kids wanting to have a good time and you and your group certainly gave us that. Cant' wait till next yr, you and your crew are always welcome down south.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Frank, I can't say enough about the hospitality afforded us by your entire crew, it was a great experience. I have heard several of the E-dock crew talking about planning Chicago for next year already.
Thanks again for a great weekend. Erik & Andrea
Old 07-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Registered

Erik you left Jim's loudest boat award at the bar on sat. Sommers has it and we plus Kool Aid might just have to fly down and drop it off. You said 100 yards off the water we can land HMMMMM.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:47 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't know what all of the fuss is about those E-Dock guys where scared to run in the ruff stuff all week-end......(REALLY just kidding) It was nice tio finally meet the E-Dock gang I think I am just getting sober today. It's a shame they scared off the OL guys????? now when is everbody heading to Grand Lake, and can I go????????

BZ
Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wont miss next years run...sounds like fun was had by all..
Old 07-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by StraightJacket
Erik you left Jim's loudest boat award at the bar on sat. Sommers has it and we plus Kool Aid might just have to fly down and drop it off. You said 100 yards off the water we can land HMMMMM.
I was completely sober at that point and left it there as bait so you guys would fly down for a visit.

Well something like that anyway...
Old 07-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered

Frank did all those boats you posted about the day before the PR not show. There were about 5 or 6 last min. entries including The Factory Billet at Boyne Thunder. Ian and I were the second card boat for the run and NOT one OL made it to the stop We were not sure what happened, I believe some had trouble and did not make it out on time for the start, we were all dissapointed because we hardly got to see them run. Lake MI in Northern MI was pretty flat. I wish you and the guys at Boyne Thunder could work it out that the runs don't fall on the same weekend. I know of a bunch of boats that would like to attend both events
Old 07-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Frank did all those boats you posted about the day before the PR not show. There were about 5 or 6 last min. entries including The Factory Billet at Boyne Thunder. Ian and I were the second card boat for the run and NOT one OL made it to the stop We were not sure what happened, I believe some had trouble and did not make it out on time for the start, we were all dissapointed because we hardly got to see them run. Lake MI in Northern MI was pretty flat. I wish you and the guys at Boyne Thunder could work it out that the runs don't fall on the same weekend. I know of a bunch of boats that would like to attend both events
Donna, when we started this run we specifically picked a weekend that did not have any conflicts with any runs in our area including Boyne. We thought that was just common courtesy. That courtesy was obviously not returned when Boyne moved their event to the same weekend as our run. I know of quite a few members who were at the Chicago Poker Run who have run Boyne in the past. Makes absolutely no sense to me to compete when we have so few events in this area.

As far as the OL guys, yep they were registered and several were pre-paid. A couple still showed up and at least one other had an unrelated conflict. We were on Outerlimits calendar all year and they pulled out last second and took TAOD with them. The boats I really couldn't care less about. We couldn't have fit more if we wanted to. Losing the helicopter caused us some issues, the worst of which is our 2 hired helicopters had to stay in the air longer to get full coverage resulting in a higher bill than planned. Of course this results in less money being donated to the charity, as we give 100% of the money not spent on the run to Children's Memorial Foundation. Congratulations Outerlimits, because of some political BS you took $$$ from sick kids. We hope you are proud of yourselves. Please do not take this as a jab to any Outerlimits owners, I have friends with Outerlimits and I love the boats. Oh well, that's all my ranting for now.

Steve
Director
Chicago Powerboat Club

Quick Reply: E-DOCK crew & Chicago Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.