Notices

Jacksonville FL guys!!

Old 07-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Jax as we call it, moved here 15 years ago from Minn. to boat year round, Live on the water it is definatly woth it, No ramps ,Parking etc. My neighbor is selling and has a 30 ft boat lift on private canal. about $ 300,000 E-Mail me for picts, Westside Jax, Ortega Area etc.
Don
[email protected]
Old 07-24-2007, 07:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gotime34
I'm moving there also, my fiancee and I will be arriving on August 8th. We are doing the same exact thing, renting for 3 months then buying. We spent a lot of time looking down there and the place that fits us the best is Fleming Island. Its an awsome area and is literally surrounded by water. We are renting an apartment on Fleming Island so that we have more time to look for a house. Won't have the Cat down there until Winter, but that is still boating season down there!
That's where I'd live in the Jax area. We did some work there last year. Great looking area out by Doctor's Lake too. Whitey's Fishcamp was our spot to eat up that way.

The area where Argyle Forest Road, and Old Middleburg Road crosses is really booming. I drove up there today to check out a Home Depot we will be working on next week

All this construction is right on that corner. After I got home, I had to hurry up and get a proposal together for a Panda Express that's right on that corner. It's funny, right when I was pulling up to HD, I called Debbie to ask her if any blueprints came in today. She told me four came in, and I was hoping it was that Panda in Jax. It was, so I asked her what the address was on it. It was right about where I was sitting when I talked to her.

I'd think about moving to Jax, but from here I can cover Jax, Daytona, Orlando, and south to Vero Beach easily.
Attached Thumbnails Jacksonville FL guys!!-7-24-014.jpg   Jacksonville FL guys!!-7-24-015.jpg   Jacksonville FL guys!!-7-24-016.jpg  

Old 07-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Boomer35
Got an offer yesterday, decided to take it today to move from Charlotte NC to Jax FL in a few weeks.

Im going to Rent a house my first 3-6 months, could someone help me out with a good, safe, friendly, close to the water location, i want a nice neighborhood. $1200-$1500 / month

are there any realtors on the board, i will be looking to buy during that time, also could use help with someone finding a house for me to rent, maybe a property manager

Mostly i need help finding a nice neighborhood to rent in..

lastly WHERE IS THERE TO BOAT!! tell me about the boating, everything about it!!
Welcome to Florida!
Old 07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UNSANE
Once in a blue moon I will be on Lk Monroe, usually testing props and such. I need to get back up to Silver Glen way one day soon, but I am having too much fun in the ocean! I like to put in at the Canveral Inlet ramp next to Sunrise Marine and the Tiki Bar. Orange County busted me for having my boat in the front yard so I found a good storage place in Christmas near 95 to move the boat to since I boat mainly that way. Where do you get out at usually? And I think I've seen you towing your boat a time or two...
Ponce inlet (disappearing island), St. Johns river and lake county lakes.

Will be going to the island this weekend, I'll send you PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Are there strict rules about keeping the boat on a trailer at the house? or is that just orange county?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Registered

any ifno on the jax power boat club?
Old 07-25-2007, 08:58 AM
Registered

Welcome to town! The Jacksonville Performance Boat Club (JPBC) meets the second Wednesday of each month at the Florida Tackle and Gun Club at 7pm. Typically we have 1 or 2 events a month on the water. We've got a cookout/raft up going on this Saturday that should be fun. I'll send you a PM with more contact information.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

Gator Dave, please send me that JPBC info also. We just moved to Fleming Island on the water and love the area and the boating. Woud like to get more involved locally.
The Jax FF River Run is the best!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:46 AM
Registered

any realtors on in the club want to help me find a rental and then a home to buy. I will be flyign into town wednesday aug 8th, and will have 2 days to find a place
Old 07-31-2007, 09:06 AM
Registered

Boomer where you want to live in jax has to do with where you are working. Crossing the river to get to work adds 20 to 30 mins to commute. What part of town are you going to be working? If downtown I would look at Fleming Island or Ortega If southside I would look Mandrin, Nocatee or Pondre Vedra

Last edited by Tax_man; 07-31-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: speeling suks

Quick Reply: Jacksonville FL guys!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.