Notices

Chicago damage report

Old 07-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by runninhotracing158
46 SKATER BROKE DOWN dont think so! JIM LEES FREEDOM 1 was never broke he waited outside the marina for every last one to get out of the marina and HAMMERED DOWN and smoked all your asses.Last one to start and first to finish SKATER # 1, never all these broken boats just a broken drive,broken trans,and a broken 40 SKATER not a 368
I think they were talking about JAWS 46 Skater with the bad water pump.

Mark
Old 07-26-2007, 06:11 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Bill, I see we think alike. I should know, I was holding her for 30 miles

Good choice takin it to Pete.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 07-26-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know what the commition is all about, I'd have to see another picture, but from that one shes had way too much work done for my taste, way too fake. If that makes you happy go for it man
Old 07-26-2007, 09:51 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Bill, I see we think alike. I should know, I was holding her for 30 miles , What happened to muscle man she was with? Hey whats with the fountain ? The guys from morris said it never left the marina for the card stops .
He was holdin on for himself. I don't think any of them expected to be thrown around the boat like they were. I knew what to expect, and before I had to hold her in, I was holding on with one hand, and taking pics with the other. That's why I only have so few running shots to show. I've been doing this for over 20 years out here, and the rough water does'nt take me by surprise anymore.

My wife backed out at the last minute while we were untieing the boats, and I had noone else to ride with. So, rather than running solo, My buddie with the 46 told me to jump on with them. At least that way, I got to take some running shots, and saved 150 gals of Sunoco 110. Not my first choice tho.
Anytime you and Carrie want to join us on the pond, we've always got a couple Cigs and a few Fountains to run with. Just give me a call, you got an open invitation any weekend.

Frank & Lois
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 07-26-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered

The 40 Skater that had a delamination on the front of the sponson, was because of a previous repair to the boat before the current owner owned it, that was done improperly. Someone previously repaired it with cauk and glue, as you could see it when the outer layer peeled back. We looked at it sunday morning while on the trailer.The SKATER had no chaulk or glue on it and was done by COMPETITION MARINE ,it is being repaired and taken care of by PETER AT SKATER
Bill, glad to see it go to Skater for repairs and maybe updates in design.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:16 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Good choice takin it to Pete.
Its there already within 10 mins of arrival it was off the trailer,layed on its side and 2 guys tearing into it
Bill
Hey neighbor! Glad to see you are gettin' the boat straighted out...hope she comes back better than ever. If you ever get the itch to run around on a smaller, slower, but redder boat, let me know!

Sorry I couldn't offer more assistance on Saturday, about the time your son was on the bow looking for the damage we had drifted away, and I had pulled the kill switch and couldn't figure out why the boat wouldn't start again! By then Louie and Tom were there, and I figured Tom would know better than I what to do and that you'd be in good hands. Thank god that ramp at Burnham was 11'8"!
mike
Old 07-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Registered

Where are you staying????
I might have an extra room and a 14 'x 40' slip.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

US1 Freedom is my favorite boat there. Doesn't get any better than that. Not to mention 1st to stop.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Any pics of the big waves?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill glad you guys came out, And i agree with Jim but I broke to much already this year and want the madness to stop. Oh yeah and don't listen to half these guys on here there just jelous, she just FINE. Tell Carrie I said hello

Quick Reply: Chicago damage report

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.