If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    38 Fountain SC
    Cincinnati, Oh
    DUH! Both, y not?

My Boats:
    1995 38 fountain fever
    Slidell, Louisiana
    go with the biger blocks .....blowers decrease the life of the motor

My Boats:
    2005 Extreme 29
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Mild Big Cube Motors that run on 87 octane and produce 600+ HP is the only way to go. They are strong and do not work hard to make power and the torque is unbeleivable!!! Dave

My Boats:
    ...sooner than I think...I hope...
    30,000 Islands Georgian Bay Ontario Canada
    Reliability is huge with me; I'd rather have big NA engines than smaller blown ones.

My Boats:
    In Search!
    Phoenix, AZ
    Big cubs will last a lot longer and remember how expensive a full over haul at 150 hours for a blower motor is.

Platinum Member Platinum Member articfriends's Avatar
    My Boats:
    EX 99 MPH 272 Baja owner, 1999 Scarab 33 AVS NOW
    Depends on how much power your looking for,if you only want 650 or 700 hp build a N/A motor,my 8.22-1 540 made 657hp N/A at 5400 with fuel injection,you could run 87 octane and get 400 plus hours vs freshening a blower motor every 120-150 hours,Smitty

Platinum Member Platinum Member GLH's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Burlington, VT
    Quote Originally Posted by 36spectre View Post
    uh.......both.......622 cu. in. and 14:71 BDS............
    Yup Both...

653 w/12:71

My Boats:
    2008 Gunshow
    Sterling Heights MI

Big cubes require tall decks, long cranks, short rods, and the pistons hang out the bottom of the cylinder. Big bores have thinner cylinder walls, and less room for future machining.
    Large stroke crank throws are further away from the centerline of crank - increasing rotational mass. Not to menction the additional machine work large cubes can require.

There are more "off the shelf" parts for the 525 and smaller cubic inch engines.

Supercharger (lower CI) can have more friendly cams, and increase volumetric efficiency.

The "normally asparated clean horsepower" theory is bunk.

A centrifigual supercharger will "move" the horsepower higher in the curve which is "a little more outdrive friendly". The goal is to increase power so large CI v. supercharger and outdrive compatibality is a mute point.

A supercharger may be cheaper and more practical....but.....if you have the bucks.......supercharged and big cubes......and forgetaboutit.

My Boats:
    99 Phantom 34 ft F2 Classic
    St. Clair County, Mi
    call Crockette he has done both in 32 Sunsations, See what he thinks. I have had blowersin a 32 Sunsation that was tough to beat but I have a long idle in and out of my canal and the blowers seemed to load up. This might be fixed with fuel injection but I am no expert. I have a couple of approx 650 502 N/A now in my phantom and they seem to not have a issue with the long idle in and out. I sure like the sounds of a blower motor and maybe the next boat will be big cube blowers. Also Donminator Scott can give you all the in and out of what works on that boat. He has a Dominator running well over 100. He is the king of bling for Sunsation. Make sure you improve on the steering on your boat if you add much more power. It will be a must so add that in your projeetct's budg

My Boats:
    2004 38 Fountain and 29 Scarab Sold
    Oneida Lake
    my blower motor 3.jpgwell I went this route
    Last edited by custom29scarab; 07-25-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast