Notices

Windburn Prevention?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
How about a bandana?
This will be a quick fix for now. I look like I have the plague on my forehead today...... and I wore a dark shirt and look like a dog with the mange.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by gerritm
Can you put flip up windscreens or extensions on your fairing? They will flip up when you are going fast and then lower the rest of the time.
I have the name of a company that will build you prescription windproof sunglasses. I wear them when I am running hard.
Gerrit,

can you send me the name.... maybe they can be mounted on the back side of the screen and not be seen under normal conditions?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SANLEONKID
Gerrit,

can you send me the name.... maybe they can be mounted on the back side of the screen and not be seen under normal conditions?
No, they mount on the front side and use wind pressure to flip up and then are held up by the wind. If you get a chance look at the orange Cig 38 Top Gun that goes out of Endeavor, he is a Topps member, and look at his setup. I think that is a factory setup, but it will give you an idea. There is also a local guy who specializes in plexi or lexan windshield extensions. I talked to him about putting one on my old Sunsation. He comes highly reccommended. Call me and I will give you the details
Old 07-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I use moisturizing lotion before and after and it really helps. Keeps my forehead from drying out.