Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Marine warrenty.HUH (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/164405-marine-warrenty-huh.html)

docmanrich37 07-25-2007 06:21 AM

Marine warrenty.HUH

Bought a set of bmaxs alittle over a year ago.Lost 12 mph with them.Used about 30 hrs and decided to go back to xrs to get my speed back,but before that take to Dean and he agreed if I tried my xrs again and my speed was there he would buy them back,so rerigged with xrs btw its a allday rigging to do.Well run it with the xrs and theres my speed.Called dean last sept or so and guess what I bet this hasn't happened to any of you but still waiting for him to call me from last year.Got a friend that said he would buy my bmaxs so last month he came and got them,but before he did he had he's mechanic call Dean about them and Dean said "they'll be the last drive you ever buy" well guess what he had them on there for we'll say maybe 10 hrs. and one took a chit.They call Dean up and explain and he says well their 6 days out of warrenty and since you havn't transfered the warrenty I'm not covering them.This doesn't surprise me because it happens everyday in this industry.

Dean my opinion is your warrenty is worth the paper its wrote on.That kind of service is why you won't be in biz that much longer if you havn't already went out,hell he doesn't even have any parts to sale or fix the drives anyways so the drive would propably be sitting there for months anyways.:angry-smiley-055:

Panther 07-25-2007 08:11 AM

What broke in the drive?

Audiofn 07-25-2007 09:00 AM

I can not imagine doing that to one of my customers!! :(

Pure Energy 07-25-2007 09:27 AM

If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guarenteed I will, I have spare time.......

wstultz 07-25-2007 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pure Energy (Post 2210991)
If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guarenteed I will, I have spare time.......

Classic:D :D :D

Audiofn 07-25-2007 09:44 AM

The real quote was " I could take a dump in a box and put a warantee on it and what do you have? A guaranteed piece of chit":party-smiley-020:

docmanrich37 07-25-2007 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pure Energy (Post 2210991)

Thats about what a warr. in the marine industry is.

Iggy 07-25-2007 11:12 AM

I hate that!!!
I can see if the warranty no being honored if ti was a couple months out, but 6 days??? Come on!

I had an Ericson phone that died two days out of warranty. Ericson "customer service" said "tough luck, buy a new one". So I told the guy "this is the third Ericson that has died on me, I'll never buy another one again". He replied "too bad".
With service like this, doesn't matter if it's a car, phone, boat, drives, etc, they will lose a customer for life. Won't even give them a second look.

cuda 07-25-2007 11:48 AM

This doesn't surprise me at all. They are not the only aftermarket drive that is supposedly "unbreakable", and "warranteed" that aren't worth the paper they are written on, even if it was toilet paper. I've seen some in person that the drive guru pointed out to me how sh!tily they are machined.

cuda 07-25-2007 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 2211144)
I hate that!!!
I can see if the warranty no being honored if ti was a couple months out, but 6 days??? Come on!

I had an Ericson phone that died two days out of warranty. Ericson "customer service" said "tough luck, buy a new one". So I told the guy "this is the third Ericson that has died on me, I'll never buy another one again". He replied "too bad".
With service like this, doesn't matter if it's a car, phone, boat, drives, etc, they will lose a customer for life. Won't even give them a second look.

Sounds about like Lexmark Printers. Last week, I had a problem with mine, that I'm sure they could have corrected over the phone, but since mine was an older unit, I'd have to pay for over the phone assistance. I made it plain that'd be the last damn Lexmark product I ever bought. They could care less.:angry-smiley-055: