Notices

OSO-SHOOTOUT-LOTO Fun Run

Old 07-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spine Tingler
PLease explain a two day poker run. New to me.
Me too. I thought there was the big ****s run and frankie and louies had a poker run
Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OSO
Ok than fun run it is, the OSO boat will be docked at Dog Days all weekend, what time do you want to meet Friday Morning at the Dog?

Anyone got a boat I can run, I am boatless??
I always got a seat for you big daddy.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
The Friday run to Big ****s started years ago as a fun run with around a dozen boats. We all ran together and showed up at BD around the same time, got tables close together and socialized over sandwiches and appetizers.

It became an "organized" event a couple years ago with group reservations, reserved slips etc. A lot of serious hardware showed up to make the run (which was cool). No more running together. By the time we got there the reserved tables were full, food was up and the party was well underway. Once we got a table and put our order in many of the other boats were leaving.

I think we'll do what we did last year, putz around and hit a few new places that have opened this year.
Might try hitting Captain Ron's, off to your right before you go under the Hurricane Deck bridge. Jolly Rodger is another nice place up the Gravois off to your right just before you get to Time Out (which did not open this year).
Old 07-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SinkorSwim
Superman... make sure I get you the map to Dr. Stuckey's house.. We go over there and drink his beer all the time... Its REAL close to Toad & Shady Gators

Sounds good. Maybe I should bring the entire EDock crew over to show Stuckey how to party!
Old 07-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OSO
Ok than fun run it is, the OSO boat will be docked at Dog Days all weekend, what time do you want to meet Friday Morning at the Dog?

Anyone got a boat I can run, I am boatless??
You're more than welcome to help break in the new Cig.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:31 PM
Banned

If we do the annual OSO fun run we can pick and chose when and where we go. plus the OSO party is at dog Days. If you do the poker runs you wont make the OSO party, as they have dinner and drinks at F and L's, so you end up there most of the night. Michael what time do you think we should leave 10:30-11:00, Wiggler
Old 07-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered

Our boats (E Dock) will be at Dog Days all weekend.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddy OO
Were all preparing for a great shootout this year, and as usual another OSO run on friday before the races, Need everybody's thoughts, last year we got rained out but the plan was to meet at Dog Day's, site of the OSO party friday night. meet at 11:00 am and start the fun run then return to start the party, Need everyones thoughts and Ideas. Steve what are you thinking?
Knot 4 Me and I will be there - we even got Jassman to agree to come up this year. I just talked to him tonight and he and Sandy are planning to show up Thursday.

But he might opt to ride on one of the NorTechs - he may be too spoiled to ride on the F4 all weekend!

On the 2 day poker run you get both days to go to any of the several stops on the list, so it is not a coordinated run like other poker runs. At least that is how I read the instructions.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Spine Tingler
Our boats (E Dock) will be at Dog Days all weekend.
So are we not doing the 2 a day thing???
Old 07-31-2007, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 42MTI
I know alot of us did the FUN run last yr. as in yrs past. We were some of the first boats there and we're not part of the organized event. I only mention this so that you don't think that everyone there early was part of the organized run and decide not to do the fun run. This is what I have done the last few yr and hope to do this yr if it works out.

MC...In years past, when the weather cooperated, it was cool to have all the boats leave at the same time. For some of us this is the only chance we get to see any of you guys run and or run in a large group for that matter.

Having a smaller boat at one time myself, I would always get out front early so I could catch the big boys coming by me a few miles into the run. It was a highlight for me.

Now, what was this about an open seat? I'll bring my VCR tapes again. I might even sport my "special" E-Dock shirt that no one has yet to see.

Buck

Quick Reply: OSO-SHOOTOUT-LOTO Fun Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.