Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today >

I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Notices

I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Old 07-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for your loss Mitch. Still remember my first best friend every day. Another will never replace her, but when you are ready a new friend really helps fill the void.
Attached Thumbnails I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today-abigail-005.jpg   I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today-abigail-002.jpg  
Old 07-31-2007, 09:12 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for your loss. I know how it hurts,but remember the 12 good years ,and give KC an extra hug.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Mitch- As a fellow dog owner, I can feel your pain- I've been through this many times over the course of my life. Remember all the good times; that is always easy because every day as a dog owner is just that- good times!

I loved the post about Rainbow Bridge- I sure hope it's true!

Jim
Old 07-31-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered

Well this was the first morning in 12 years.....12 years....that I did not have Tara in my bed. Even if I was camping I made sure my foam pad would have enough room for her. Then KC started acting up, she went down the stairs from the deck, waited, then ran around the whole house and back up. I had to put my clothes on and walk her out to the field they use. It looks like she is figuring this out, she seems sad and I bet she will be a little klingy for a while. Thats good, she was always a little on her own, she loved to be petted but also liked to be left alone, maybe she will be different now since all she has is me and not her big sister. When I brought her home Tara hated her and KC always tried so hard to be friends, after a month Tara warmed up and even let her sleep touching her. I don't feel sorry for myself, I feel sorry for KC, she will need extra attention and I have lots of it now. Now she gets both hands when before I had to pet them both at once....Tara knew this and always wanted both hands, it was funny. So today is better but I still tear up thinking of it. One day at a time...........
Old 07-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Registered

Sorry for your loss.
I have a 10 yr old yellow lab that loves the water as much as we do. She has been around longer than I have been married. I am not looking forward to that day. She is one of the family.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 315 Likes on 172 Posts

Sorry for you loss, Mitch. I have a 11 year ol Irish wolfhound girl and will soon be facing the same thing. i know what you are going through.

Take care,
Old 07-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

"All dogs go to heaven because, unlike people, dogs are naturally good, loyal and kind"
Old 07-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Registered

I understand. My wife just got rid of my Newfy Friday the 13th without me knowing. She called me up and said the dog is gone after 2 yrs. Could not handle the occasional fights he and me would get into and now the dog is gone. She said rescue place has him, I know she loved the dog prob more than me but I still am pissed as helll.

Sorry Mitch woof had great life with ya.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:14 PM
Registered

Twenty years from now,you'll think of her and still tear up but you'll smile a little smile and remember the good times.Sorry for your loss. BOB
Old 07-31-2007, 09:57 PM
Registered

Our Condolences to you, they are very much a part of the family, hang in there. Mike and Tiffany.

"All dogs go to heaven because, unlike people, dogs are naturally good, loyal and kind"

Thats so true what a great way to look at it

Quick Reply: I Had To Say Goodbye To My Best Friend Today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.