Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bbc Vs. Egg Beaters (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/164922-bbc-vs-egg-beaters.html)

open87 07-31-2007 11:48 AM

i wish i had done a bracket and twin 250's on my cigarette..

it would have been finished a loooong time ago...and i would actually have a boat to USE right now....

live and learn ,but as another member on here told me on the phone ,there is no sweeter sound than a BB with dry pipes!!!!

it will be worth the time in the end..

TexomaPowerboater 07-31-2007 11:55 AM

I don't like how the outboards trailer. Does the transom have a limited life with all that weight hanging off? I would think it does, but I've never had one. I've seen transoms on a lot of bass boats have a limited life.

northernoffshore 07-31-2007 12:01 PM

that active thunder is a great boat originally built for Livorsi and it ran great with the o/b's .it's dash was in their catalog for years. Hey texoma here is my old vector/python w o/b's.

northernoffshore 07-31-2007 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of it.

DonziChick 07-31-2007 12:27 PM

I haven't been thrilled with my outboard recently. I've had some fuel problems and now it won't go over an idle. Make sure that you either know outboards well or can find someone easily that can fix it. Personally, I would rather have an I/O.

I've been having problems finding people to work on it and actually fix it.

Thanks to Joe, I may have a running boat this weekend :D

BY U BOY 07-31-2007 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by DonziChick (Post 2218398)
I haven't been thrilled with my outboard recently. I've had some fuel problems and now it won't go over an idle. Make sure that you either know outboards well or can find someone easily that can fix it. Personally, I would rather have an I/O.

I've been having problems finding people to work on it and actually fix it.

Thanks to Joe, I may have a running boat this weekend :D

I have also had problems with my OB on my Proline because of the E10 fuel. After chasing the problem for a while we put two more filters on it and fun sea foam and no more problems.Knock on wood:D

BY U BOY 07-31-2007 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 2218340)
I don't like how the outboards trailer. Does the transom have a limited life with all that weight hanging off? I would think it does, but I've never had one. I've seen transoms on a lot of bass boats have a limited life.

Transom saver is a must.

BY U BOY 07-31-2007 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo (Post 2218296)
If its not a CC or a cat, stick with the BBC. Something about the combo just doesnt seem natural.....IMO. Its your money. :signs069:

I kind of feel the same way and would like the BBc but for some reason im liking the the twin beaters, Maybe its the fact that i would get more room and the peace of mind of 2 engines.

DonziChick 07-31-2007 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by BY U BOY (Post 2218439)
I have also had problems with my OB on my Proline because of the E10 fuel. After chasing the problem for a while we put two more filters on it and fun sea foam and no more problems.Knock on wood:D

Mine was dry rotted recirculation (??) lines in the outboard, a check valve and an old line from the tank to the outboard.

Clay Washington 07-31-2007 01:15 PM

I/O BBC in fresh water

O/B Eggbeaters in salt water

Just my two-cents... :cool: