Notices

Bbc Vs. Egg Beaters

Old 07-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going the twin O/B route. I'll let you know how it goes in a few months.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

I have had both over the years and it seems to break down to.....the big bad wild sterndrives were fun, but getting them to run on a regular basis was always a pain.....I am talking about the real exotic stuff. ( I realize it is different today, but)

So the outboards were always there, ready to run and take you out for fun with your family and friends whenever you want.

The bling factor goes to the BB, but the dependable boating everytime you want it, goes to the outboards.

I heard that the new Evinrude E-Tec's are maintenance free for three years from date of purchase.....can't argue with that.
Attached Thumbnails Bbc  Vs.  Egg Beaters-bbc-factory0001.jpg   Bbc  Vs.  Egg Beaters-s1_copy.jpg  
Old 07-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

twin outboards--for all the reasons listed, plus the maneuverability of twins
Old 07-31-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I have had both over the years and it seems to break down to.....the big bad wild sterndrives were fun, but getting them to run on a regular basis was always a pain.....I am talking about the real exotic stuff. ( I realize it is different today, but)

So the outboards were always there, ready to run and take you out for fun with your family and friends whenever you want.

The bling factor goes to the BB, but the dependable boating everytime you want it, goes to the outboards.

I heard that the new Evinrude E-Tec's are maintenance free for three years from date of purchase.....can't argue with that.
Charlie I think you have said it best.
But I will say that when I see a twin closed deck it does give it a certain bling factor also. A nice set of twins on a 24 looks awesome in my opinion.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

OK so reliablity goes to the OB

What about the driving characteristics of a twin OB vs single IO? What about the longevity?
Old 07-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 84 Posts

The outboards today are made with counter rotating lower units.

We raced them when both lower units turned the same way, and when you landed after a jump, the boat would try to torque steer over to one side....not fun for a few minutes.....torture for a few hours.

Guys like Richie Powers and Steve Sirois who raced in the Bahamas 500 mile race, can still remember the physical strength needed to drive an outboard race boat offshore.

The modern outboards are a million times better and so much more powerful. We will start seeing them show up on the closed deck sport boats just as they now are on the bigger center consoles. They are just too good to be left behind.

I fully intend to offer outboards on my banana boats when we re-open the company with the Ft Lauderdale boat show in October.
Attached Thumbnails Bbc  Vs.  Egg Beaters-outboards0004a.jpg   Bbc  Vs.  Egg Beaters-outboards0015a.jpg  
Old 07-31-2007, 08:39 PM
Registered

so O/B are in the lead right now.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Steering is hard on OB IMHO. Maybe the Verado system solved that?

I/O- moving the drive
O/B- moving the whole ball of wax
I thought O/B rocked
Old 07-31-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 24 Sonic with outboards. The bling goes to the I/o cause of the sound , Fun to drive = outboards. I run a 27 fountain with an hp 500 alot. Its a very nice boat, but just another I/o. I like to be different. I like driver boats also. The throttle response is so much better than a BB. If you want to putt than maybe a BB. My outboards do not like anything under 30 mph and get kinda loud at cruise cause the back seat is just inches away. I don't care I driving.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phuck a bunch of eggbeaters.......
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Bbc Vs. Egg Beaters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.