A Bayliner Owner With A Sense of Humor >

A Bayliner Owner With A Sense of Humor

Notices

A Bayliner Owner With A Sense of Humor

Old 07-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 89 Likes on 18 Posts
Default A Bayliner Owner With A Sense of Humor

He was pretty proud of his re-branding when we walked past him.

On another note, check out the anchor line of the boat that was next to me. It was holding well...yea right. When he wasn't looking we pushed on his bow every so often. Finially he was in knee deep water and couldn't figure out how he got there.

His anchor was holding better though.
Attached Thumbnails A Bayliner Owner With A Sense of Humor-aquapalooza_0006.jpg  
Old 07-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Shah Mat
He was pretty proud of his re-branding when we walked past him.

On another note, check out the anchor line of the boat that was next to me. It was holding well...yea right. When he wasn't looking we pushed on his bow every so often. Finially he was in knee deep water and couldn't figure out how he got there.

His anchor was holding better though.

Looks like maskin tape.Think ill start carring some with me

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always said you will never own an Carver or a Bayliner twice...and if you knew better you would not start, but I do have to admit, the 2006-7 Bayliners do not look bad at all, in fact it looks pretty good. I know you get what you pay for but at least they are going forward when most mfg are dumbing theirs down to keep the prices down....like Sea Ray. That looks like a newer one.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
I always said you will never own an Carver or a Bayliner twice...and if you knew better you would not start, but I do have to admit, the 2006-7 Bayliners do not look bad at all, in fact it looks pretty good. I know you get what you pay for but at least they are going forward when most mfg are dumbing theirs down to keep the prices down....like Sea Ray. That looks like a newer one.
I've said the same thing about Searay for 5-6 years. (and I've owned 5 or 6 of them). Our very first boat was a Bayliner cruiser. Not the best built, but I bought it cheap brand new and sold it 3 years later for $1,500 less than I paid for it. To me, that was "making money" on a boat.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Registered

Correct me is I am wrong but didn't Brunswick corp. buy out Bayliner/SeaRay and Maxim? I believe those were the three so the Bayliner is now a better boat than ever before but is still the low line of the three and then Maxim and SeaRay is the top line from them. Like said, correct me if I am wrong but I believe thats who makes them now.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon
Correct me is I am wrong but didn't Brunswick corp. buy out Bayliner/SeaRay and Maxim? I believe those were the three so the Bayliner is now a better boat than ever before but is still the low line of the three and then Maxim and SeaRay is the top line from them. Like said, correct me if I am wrong but I believe thats who makes them now.
You are 100% correct. You can buy the same boat with the same Merc power with 3 different levels of trim since they are all the same parent company.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Registered

Yeah, all I can afford right now is one of their bowling balls
Old 07-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

and baja i think
Old 07-30-2007, 09:04 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon
Yes, Brunswick owns all 3 of them plus many more......

Albemarle
Aquador
Arvor
Askeldden
Baja
Bayliner
Bella
Boston Whaler
Cabo
Crestliner
Flipper
Guernsey
Harris
Hatteras
Kayot
Laguna
Lowe
Lund
Maxum
Meridian (Bayliner "yachts")
Ornvik
Palmetto
Prince craft
Protector
Rayglass
Savage
Sea Boss
Sea Pro
Searay
Sealine
Suncruiser
Triton
Trophy
Uttern
Valiant
Wizard

Obviously some of these are foreign companies that Brunswick has purchased. These are just the boat manufacturers...they also own companies like:

Land and Sea
Attwood
Diversified Marine Products
IDS
Kellogg Supply
Quicksilver
Swivl-eze
Old 07-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered

Holy crap, Brunswick has its hands deep in boating. That is amazing, I never knew it. All I know is a neighbors mom works there, he got a sea ray 24 open bow for $24,000....it is a $40,000 boat. And I bent a long stern lite and he got me one at cost....$5.89.....it was $60 at west marine. I still cannot get over Brunswick, that just floors me.

Quick Reply: A Bayliner Owner With A Sense of Humor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.