Notices

1985 Cobalt Condurre 300

Old 08-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL ok stroker where ya at you probably need to give me a call so we dont totally BORE the group with Cobalt fastboat chat......

Pm me your number I would be happy to answer any questions I can.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fastboat269
Thanks so much Pantera for helping a newby thats comp challenged!!!! That is my 269 and the 300 is my buddy's and he would let it go. He put new bravo's 1's in it and I have his big blocks He planned to build some BIG power for it, but has since gotten out of boating.

Stroker... If you like the style of boat, they are built very well.
I stuffed to 454's in my 269 w/bravo's and full/hyd steering. Hyd steering is important if you want to go fast in a 26 deg hull. It keeps the boat steady .... Cable steering isnt safe going fast, and will eventually wear out parts and get sloppy. Well worth the money... Zieger marine is what I have... Serious unit...
Fastboat269 my pleasure. Hey what is your 269 running with the BBC and bravos? It's exactly like my Scorpion except a little longer 1-2ft here is a Pic of my project.
Attached Thumbnails 1985 Cobalt Condurre 300-scorpion_small.jpg  
Old 08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stroker
FASTBOAT, TELL ME ALL YOU KNOW!! PRETEND I'M LUKE AND YOU ARE OBI-WON. I'M GETTING THIS PROJECT BOAT, AND IF IT TAKES ME TWO YEARS, IT TAKES ME TWO YEARS. EVERYONE IS TELLING ME I'M AN IDIOT FOR TAKING ON THIS OLE' GAL BUT I KNOW THERE IS A GREAT WELL MADE HULL THAT WILL OUTLAST THE NEW STUFF. DID YOU KNOW YOUR HULL HAS NO WOOD STRINGERS?? I HAVE A VIDEO ON YOUR BOAT I GOT FROM A FRIEND THAT SHOWS THE WHOLE BOAT BEING MADE. THEY ALSO KEEP THE HULL IN THE MOLD FOR 3 DAYS OF CURING!! THE WHOLE DAMN VESSEL IS MADE BY HAND!! HOW MUCH TO INSTALL THE HYDRO STEERING?? MAYBE I SHOULD FLY OUT THERE AND RIDE IN THAT BAD BOY. I'LL BUY A CASE OF YOUR FAVORITE..........
Stroker if I were you I would slap a pair of those 383's w/bravo 1's that Mercury is selling. Would make a real nice 60+ mph wave crusher.
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/383_Magnum.htm
Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Registered

I Know I Know. But To Re-glass The Whole Back Of The Boat And Then Cut Again?? Seems Like A Real Pain In The A++. I Found A Guy In Canada That Can Re-build The Two Trs Drives From Scratch With More Heavt Duty Parts. The Boat Has Bw's In Her Already Which I Found Out They Make All Parts For And Are Easy To Replace....

Then, Last The Motor's. I Found A Place That Makes A Full Cratemercruiser All Marine Engine That Put's Out 460++ Hp That Will Hook Right Up To The Flywheel Of These Tranny's. Most I'm Looking At If All Goes Well Would Be Close To 22k With All Labor Included. Why Go Crazy If All The Parts Are There For The Trs Drives?? I Know They Are Dinosaurs, And It's Like Having Poured Concrete In The Back Of The Boat, But She Should Still Turn A Good 65+ Mph....?? Are The Bravo's That Necessary?

Fastboat, I'll Send You A Private Msg. Hey, If People Don't Like Us Talking About These Baby's, Tough. Go To Another Thread!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered

No the TRS are stronger actually, but you can buy the 383's from Merc without the Bravo's. Either way you will have a nice ride.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Registered

Once I Have The Boat Secured, I Wll Send You Some Pix Of Her. You Won't Believe The Condition Of This Thing! Be That As It May, Pantera, I'd Like To Go With The Efi's Myself, But I Just See That Turning Into A Big, More Costly Project. Not That I'm Cheap Or Anything.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered

Default Pantera & Stroker

Pantera.... I would love to see more Pics of your project. Is it sbc/alpha's? I have parts....lol
my boat is running tops 68 but I am fighting the "old" Cutler F/I. and the weight of the conversion. Hydro dynamic balance
I would go with the 383's for your boat. Weight is the real issue and if your Scorpion is 1-2 ft shorter it would be to far out of balance.
The lbs difference btwn sbc/alpha's vs bbc/bravo's is considerable. Then if you add hyd steering, swim platform, ect....
So I am in the process of losing some un needed Quality Cobalt weight. NIDA CORE is a great product.

Stroker..... Dont be affraid of plugging the transom and redoing it. It isnt that difficult and I have that Blue Paint Code!!!!!! You will probably want to re do the transom anyway to finsh the project... It looks much better clean. IMO

If you are buying a 300 I would definately go BBC
I know where one is that has NEW bravo's but no motors. there in my boat..... which could be had
I think he wants 20k for his.... bravo's and transom plates are NEW maybe 20 hrs he paid 12,000 just for them... Performance shifters and he has some EMI polished exhaust as well... Its sitting in his building.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Registered

Stroker and Pantera
Im not good on the comp...
Here is my email [email protected]
Would like to chat with you both about your projects.. I may have some parts or connections that may be helpful. Send me a Tel #
Old 08-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Registered

fastboat269,

Thanks but my Scorpion is a single and with a SBC I'll be lucky to see to 40 mph. hahaha..
I'm actually converting it to twin outboards.
Attached Thumbnails 1985 Cobalt Condurre 300-imgp0072%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by Pantera24; 08-14-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastboat269
Stroker and Pantera
Im not good on the comp...
Here is my email [email protected]
Would like to chat with you both about your projects.. I may have some parts or connections that may be helpful. Send me a Tel #
Check your email

Quick Reply: 1985 Cobalt Condurre 300

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.