Notices

1985 Cobalt Condurre 300

Old 08-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1985 Cobalt Condurre 300

I'm new here and I am about to buy a toy for me to play with. I've looked at a ton of Formulas and Scarab's. They are all nice, but then someone told me about this boat called the Condurre 300 made by Cobalt. I've read all of the threads on here about this boat, but no one seems to actually own one of these puppies! Now I know she is heavy. But with the right horsepower, I hear they are really excellent well made boats. So good in fact that they were considered the Mercedes-Benz of boats in the day.

So, I found one and it needs two motors re-built, so I know it's a project. The TRS drives have the borg warner tranny's which are the preferred transmissions. And I know worse case scenario I would be able to place Konrads on the back of her.

Does anyone out there have this boat?? Any feedback would be great.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:16 AM
Registered

anyone?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 264 Likes on 159 Posts

TRS drives and engines that need rebuild - don't buy it.

Cobalt's newer boats are the mercedes of recreational ski/pleasure boats. The older ones are not IMO. Look at the company today. If the condurre was such a great boat then why don't they make them anymore or any other go-fast model. There are better boats out there.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stoker- In the 20 years I've only ever seen 2. 1 on craigslist in Austin and 1 in Annapolis for sale brand new. It sat all year dont know if they ever sold it. As far as a mercedes of boats get real.
Why dont you put your horsepower in something deserving?
There are plenty of threads with people trying to get there overpowered boats to handle. If you want to enjoy it for what it is and you can get it cheap thats different. I wonder if anyone has one? Time may tell. Good luck
Jim
Old 08-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Condurre 30 was a solid built boat, based on the old Carrera mold. If I'm not mistaken Scorpion (Builder Julio Devarona) actually built some of these hulls under contract for Cobalt. I can tell you that my 24' Scorpion is heavy but built rock solid and I prefer it that way.

P.S.- If you need a TRS drive and BorgWarner Tranny I have one and will let it go cheap. The TRS drive was recently rebuilt already.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

A buddy of mine bought one new back in 1986. It was very well made and worked quite well. If it's in decent shape, no rot and under10k, it would make for a nice project. Cool old school!
Old 08-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Registered

My mechanic just finished putting one together with bravos and 525's. The owner dumped a fortune into it. It will run about 80, but it gets pretty squirrelly near the top end. They are heavy boats!

Originally Posted by Stroker
I'm new here and I am about to buy a toy for me to play with. I've looked at a ton of Formulas and Scarab's. They are all nice, but then someone told me about this boat called the Condurre 300 made by Cobalt. I've read all of the threads on here about this boat, but no one seems to actually own one of these puppies! Now I know she is heavy. But with the right horsepower, I hear they are really excellent well made boats. So good in fact that they were considered the Mercedes-Benz of boats in the day.

So, I found one and it needs two motors re-built, so I know it's a project. The TRS drives have the borg warner tranny's which are the preferred transmissions. And I know worse case scenario I would be able to place Konrads on the back of her.

Does anyone out there have this boat?? Any feedback would be great.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually would tell you that unless your getting an awesome deal try finding a Cobalt Condurre 269 a little smaller but has all the same ameneties and will still rock in the rough.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cobalt always has built a great boat. Even their old trihulls from the 70's are still stong. There are many good reasons why boat companies stopped making offshore boats. Cobalt had a strong following in other areas, and choose to focus there. I understand this model has a 26 degree hull, so it should handle rough better than most 30' boats.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

The hulls where actually built by Hugo from Carrera boats in Florida. Then they finished by Cobalt.

Quick Reply: 1985 Cobalt Condurre 300

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.