Notices

OSS Season Cancelled after LOTO

Old 09-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OSS Season Cancelled after LOTO

Just came across my email.......

Dear OSS Racers and Race Fans,

At this time we need to officially cancel our 2008 World Championship Races. This means that the 2008 OSS Season will end with next weekend's race for the National Championship in Lake of the Ozarks Missouri.

We originally planned on holding our Worlds in Destin Florida as we've done for the past few years. Unfortunately our sponsor from last year couldn't make the commitment again and our race producer's wife became very ill and he couldn't take care of his wife and produce the race, so rightfully so, family comes first.

We attempted to relocate the Worlds to St Petersburg but finding sponsorship on such short notice was not to be.

We also met with the Conch Republic Powerboat Racing organization in Key West and attempted to put together a de

Last edited by cigracing1; 09-16-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was looking forward to destin, but taking of his wife is first presidence.. hope all the best to them..
Old 09-16-2008, 04:32 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

so maybe we can all race in Key west under sbi

Last edited by bojoe2; 09-17-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered

I might win my $1.00 bet yet
Old 09-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

That's really too bad. I feel bad for all the racers that have made the commitment to run a series. Devoted all the time and money to run the season and then have this happen. To not have the worlds race has got to be so disappointing! I would hate to have to tell my sponsor that the one race that gets more coverage and attention then most of the races combined is not going to happen. I was hoing they would be in Key West when Destin fell through.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Banned

They can if they want . ALL race teams are invited . I bet The majority of OSS teams will go to Key West . Those that dont ? Oh Well .
Old 09-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveP
I might win my $1.00 bet yet
Its a shame everyone's plans didn't work out. A lot of effort gets put in to throwing a race.

Its a bigger shame people show poor character gloating at others short comings. No one jumped and gloated at the other cancellations.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:05 PM

Have a question on this, do OSS make racers sign a contract to race for so many races in the season and if so what happens when he promoter/OSS cancel a race. Do they teams have any recourse.

Just wondering.

Ned
Old 09-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Its a shame everyone's plans didn't work out. A lot of effort gets put in to throwing a race.

Its a bigger shame people show poor character gloating at others short comings. No one jumped and gloated at the other cancellations.

Or the fact that the PP race course couldn't be set correctly. Don't remember that happening the last couple of years.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
I'm not gloating about the race being cancelled. I am sorry that the race is cancelled. Happened to me 3 days after 9/11 when we were going to put on the Atlantic City race 10 days later.

As for the $1.00 bet.......inside joke (sorry)

Quick Reply: OSS Season Cancelled after LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.