Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another Stolen Boat St. Pete, FL (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/165314-another-stolen-boat-st-pete-fl.html)

BUIZILLA 08-09-2007 08:28 AM

The cameras did not stop them?
what did the camera's show??

Pantera24 08-09-2007 09:07 AM

Yea I was wondeing the same thing what did the camera show?

Kims 08-09-2007 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by lightningbay (Post 2228607)
Lightning Bay here...where PerfectMix's Donzi got stolen. We have tried to do everything we can to protect our stroage customers and our inventory of boats. Since the first boat got stolen, we beefed up our locks, installed 5 cameras and sent letters to all storage customers about the original theft to make them aware of the issue and to secure there boats with some recomended locks.

We have purchased what we have been told are the best locks and chains available, but that did not work. The cameras did not stop them? To hire a guard is extremely costly and ultimately would cost the customer a lot. The St. Pete Sheriff is even considering installing there own surveillance equipment to help out, which we of course agreed too.

Watch dogs - I WISH I could...but my insurance company will not allow it. Unfortunately, even thieves have rights and if someone gets bit, we still have potential exposure to get sued! Sometime the system sucks!

Hopefully we recover the boat soon....and the boat is in good condition. I just don't want anyone to think we take this lightly and we are making every effort to protect our customers that we can.

When are you getting the dogs??? Customers boats or thiefes seems to be an easy choice, regardless of what a greedy insurance agent is telling you. I have dogs, no one will ever touch my boat without getting memories from it. Works for me and will prolly make your custyomers happy too!

Car Biz 08-09-2007 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Perfectmix (Post 2223574)
I'm really getting sick of this sh*t. We had our 2005 35 Donzi ZFC Stoled last night in N. St. Pete. It was locked in a storage facility near Gandy Bridge. It had a toung lock, also a pad lock in the latch, I had cables around the rims and frame of the trailer. It is a Michigan baot, The boat had a full cover(grey) and motor covers on it when it was taken. It has(2) 275 Verados and the boat is absolutely mint. It is on a Nextrail Trailer with aluminum mags with two spares. If I had to guess this boat is going south. This is the second boat that has been stolen from me this summer :mad: If you guys see this boat please give me a call. 989-350-8444 Thanks

Reg#'s MC 7485 SW
Traler Plate B515483

Josh sorrythis happend to ya:( bro disreguard the message i left ya today i understand you have more important things on your mine.

DonziFreak 08-09-2007 07:38 PM

whats with all the damn hostility towards cubans because of this?! i happen to be cuban and i take offense to being called "Illegal" (its called wet-foot dry-foot, read up) and hearing about how we should be "lit up".... we arn't all bad

FeverMike 08-09-2007 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by DonziFreak (Post 2229338)
whats with all the damn hostility towards cubans because of this?! i happen to be cuban and i take offense to being called "Illegal" (its called wet-foot dry-foot, read up) and hearing about how we should be "lit up"....

...and that is the problem...America is made up of many cultures but the way the Cubans, Mexican and so forth are getting into our country is not right. The ones that come here and bring there crime as a way of living should be "lit up". The ones that come here and live off the system and keep having more kids upon kids and take advantage of this country I have a major problem with. However they grew up in a different culture and could really carless about right and wrong and how to make this country even better.

DonziFreak, if YOU can not understand that then heck yeah...go back to where you came from! My family and friends did not fight wars for your kind to come over here a F everything up!:angry-smiley-055: If you and your family came here the correct way and do the right things and are tax paying hard working citizens then you will have no problem with my view point!

DonziFreak 08-09-2007 08:17 PM

first off, don't compare us to mexicans, they are a**holes in every damn way, second off, we did come here the proper way and we pay taxes, and finaly. i just have a problem with people saying "Cubans" should be hung from trees! would you hang me from a tree because of my nationality if someone you thought was cuban stole your boat?

FeverMike 08-09-2007 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by DonziFreak (Post 2229393)
first off, don't compare us to mexicans, they are a**holes in every damn way, second off, we did come here the proper way and we pay taxes, and finaly. i just have a problem with people saying "Cubans" should be hung from trees! would you hang me from a tree because of my nationality if someone you thought was cuban stole your boat?

You are the one with the racial problem buddy! I do not care if you are Cuban, Mexican, Black, White, or Asain...come to this country the correct legal way work hard, don't steal, pay taxes and do not live off the system and there is no problem. There is plenty of white trash black trash cuban and mexican trash is this country...it's not a skin color problem with me.

CigDaze 08-10-2007 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by DonziFreak (Post 2229393)
mexicans, they are a**holes in every damn way...

WTF?! You can't be for real.

One minute you're sitting there telling us that we need to respect Cubans, and then in the next breath you're calling all mexicans azzholes. What planet are you from?! You're no better than a person who doesn't like Cubans. Don't expect sympathy.

Lastly, in this particular string of thefts Cubans are responsible (as stated by lightningbay), so therefore at this moment it's the azzhole Cubans we're pissed at for these thefts.

WesSmith 08-10-2007 07:34 AM

I owned two body shops for a number of years where we serviced high priced imports. Each night we let our two Doberman's roam the yard.......we NEVER had an issue :D

I would try that first and foremost......