If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Land O Lakes Fl

    Smile A funny story...........

    First, a comment. I have had several judgements entered against people and have never collected on one. If you have to sue someone to get what you're owed is a strong indication that the person hasn't got the moral or ethical values to EVER pay. There are other ways to get "satisfaction" but nothing that can be discussed here.

    The story

    My 18-year old daughter Stacey went with her friend and the girls mother to buy a used car. When they got there it became obvious that the mother/daughter were $350 short to make the purchase. The dausghter asked Stacey if she could "lend" her the $350. Stacey himmed and hawed at the deal until the mother promised her that if she would lend the the $350, she (the mother) would repay her by the end of the week (a matter of 3 or 4 days). That never happened.

    After a couple of weeks of waiting, Stacey called the girl and asked her that since they were going out that night, could she bring the money with her. The gir did bring a check for $200 but Stacey left it in the car when she got dropped off. The next day Stacey called the girl and told her that she needed to come by and get the check. The girl said that she and her mother decided that since Stacey had "refused payment" they no longer owed her the $350.

    After a couple of more months of aurguing on "my-space" I got wind of what was going on and proptly called the mother and demanded the money. She promised she would put the check in the mail the next day. A month later, Stacey and I went down to the courthouse and filed a small claims suit.

    Heres the interesting part!

    Since filing the suit, Stacey has been approached by "The Judge Joe Brown" show and asked to let the "judge" arbitrate the case. They will fly her and myself, plus the other to knuckleheads to LA for 2 days, and if she wins, she is guaranteed a minimum of $500 plus all filing costs! She'll win because the girl and her mother both admit the debt many times on the my space dialog. I'm trying to make Stacey understand that this is the only way she'll ever see her money but she is hesitant. I would have loved to have an opportunity like that in any of the cases I have ever filed and won.

  2. #12
    VIP Member VIP Member texaschopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Miramar Beach
    I have a judgment collection business call me

  3. #13
    Registered The Menace's Avatar
    My Boats:
    46 turbined Skater
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Bonita Springs, Florida
    I had a judgement against somebody. I found that they had a vehicle that was free and clear of liens. I presented the judgement to the local sheriff's department and filed the appropriate paperwork. The sheriff's department confiscated the vehicle and took it to sheriff's auction. The sheriff took his fees and the balance came to me.

    The sheriff made out way better than me but at least I got some cash and a lot of satisfaction.

  4. #14
    OffshoreOnly Antagonizer VIP Member Phknlwyr's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1981 Sears inflatable, twin oars
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave1972 View Post

    thanks for the response...I was wondering if I'd be lucky enough to have you see this post!

    How about Wisconsin versus Missouri and how to "transfer" the judgement to Missouri?

    Who should I contact? I just contacted the Consumer protection division for the MO Attorney Generals office and they said they could give me information about complaints but could not help with anything else.

    You'll need to get what's commonly called a "triple seal" copy of the judgment from the WI court and enroll it in the appropriate court in Mizzou. The triple seal is a certified copy of the order entering the judgment. You would then take that document to the jurisdiction (county) where the debtor is located to attempt enforcement of the judgment.
    "Kevin, prepare for the summer."

    -Mr. Sorkin, 10th Grade Geometry teacher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Legal advice please
    By Ron P in forum General Boating Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-31-2004, 11:00 PM
  2. OT: legal advice
    By euby in forum General Boating Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-12-2002, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0
Copyright © 2016 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Original Poster In Postbit provided by Original Poster In Postbit v1.0.0 (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.