Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Craig Colobella: great service! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/165552-craig-colobella-great-service.html)

Dueclaws 08-07-2007 03:26 PM

Craig Colobella: great service!

Most of us have had bad marine service or heard about it, but I'd like to publicly thank Craig Colabella and Endeavour Marina (Bobby/Seabrook, TX) for their great service.

Earlier this year, I contracted with Craig to upgrade my #6 wets to dry sumps and also to have Hering install their skegs. All that went fairly well and I finally got the drives in a few months. (Endeavour removed and later installed the drives)
Within an hour's running time, the port drive 'broke" something; we knew because the port engine immediately hit the rev limiter.

I called Craig and he asked for us to ship the drive ASAP. He called after receiving, dismantling, and inspecting the drive. What happened? One of his subcontractor-machinists had incorrectly machined a part for the oil pump and the part broke, which caused a loss of oil pressure to the drive. Craig paid for an upper gear set, bearings, shaft, seals, all the labor AND he never quibbled or complained!
What a Pro!

As for Endeavour, they knew that timing was critical so they always went beyond my expectations to get the drives off and on..... and off and on again.

Thanks Craig (and Bobby)
Due

P Offshore 08-07-2007 03:32 PM

That's steppin up.
I have heard many good thing about Craig over the years.

Wardey 08-07-2007 04:14 PM

I can second that for Craig. I can highly reccomend him. Dave

throttleup 08-07-2007 04:20 PM

Agreed I refer all my customers to him!

Julie

satisfactionII 08-07-2007 04:25 PM

refershing to hear of good marine service. Thanks for letting us know. :cool-smiley-011:

ILMORdude 08-07-2007 04:34 PM

I can also say that Craig is a great guy, having worked with him last season!! He has everything you need and is a straight shooter for sure!

T2x 08-07-2007 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wardey (Post 2226580)
I can second that for Craig. I can highly reccomend him.

I've known Craig for 20 years and I have nothing but respect for him, his knowledge, his talent, and his integrity.

You not only get the best sterndrive and lower unit service in the business, you get a great attitude and a wealth of knowledge to boot.

T2x

THEJOKER 08-07-2007 04:39 PM

He's built many drives for me and never had a failure. Not surprised of his actions!

JIMKID Motorsports 08-07-2007 05:06 PM

i can secound that he has done drives for us on many race teams any nothing but the best work you can find and avery good guy will give you the shirt off his back if youn need it :party-smiley-048:

Strip Poker 388 08-07-2007 05:19 PM

Is he the one that actually does the skeg work or does he sub it out?