Notices

Engine Trouble

Old 08-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Engine Trouble

So, Im new here and I have a problem with my 85 Chevy 350 5.7L engine.

When I got it (01/07) I was able to crank it over. I purchased it from Kansas City, KS .. It has 356 hours on it.

I drained the fluids, and since then I have cleaned the heads and all the accessories (alternator, water pump, etc.) and replaced all the gaskets.

Everything is back together and I put in oil and it has a heat exchanger so I filled that up to. Next I tried to crank it with the starter.

The starter engages i Think (loud single click into position) but fails to turn the engine.

I tried to crank the engine with the crankshaft bolt and it just gets tighter, and I am using about 150lbs of force, I dont want the snap to bolt off.

But if I loosen the bolt (holding the harmonic balancer) the engine turns a little (seems to be tight and stuck). Then if I re-tighen the bolt the Motor turns again. (only like 1/64 of a rotation)

I had an idea that I can put some oil into each cylinder and let it sit then try cranking it???

Im not sure what's wrong.

Any ideas...

Thanks

-Nick
Old 08-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

take all spark plugs out of the motor, if it does not spin with the starter or a wrench on the balencer, better back track your steps, something is wrong!