36 Skater Fliped Great South Bay?? >

36 Skater Fliped Great South Bay??

Notices

36 Skater Fliped Great South Bay??

Old 08-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAPTCHUCKV
I am a Professional Mariner and I do not understand why these HP boats are running around at high speeds in the dark. I would never run anything on the water at night without the use of a radar. Case in point: About 6 months ago I heard a vessel put in a mayday call to the Coast Guard unit in Houston. It was about 4:00 in the morning and very dark out. The call came in from a boat that had clipped a bouy in Galveston Bay and it was taking on water fast. It took only 20 mins for the boat to sink. The 2 men onboard were found 2 hours later about 3 miles from where the boat went down..... Had they been using a radar this accident would have never occured.....same instance with the Skater. My point is if you can afford something like a Skater then why not spend a little more on a small radar or some brighter running lights? All you need to do is add alchohol with darkness and you have a recipe for disaster. I am not saying all HP boats run at night drunk but there are people out there that do. For this reason I stay on the dock when darkness falls.....

Chuck
chuck hi its art hey the skater was running during the day I think and the other 2 were running at night, but I do agree with you about radar you need it at night
Old 08-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BJM
Jeff
Just make sure my bag is full first!
Old 08-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am a Professional Mariner and I do not understand why these HP boats are running around at high speeds in the dark. I would never run anything on the water at night without the use of a radar. Case in point: About 6 months ago I heard a vessel put in a mayday call to the Coast Guard unit in Houston. It was about 4:00 in the morning and very dark out. The call came in from a boat that had clipped a bouy in Galveston Bay and it was taking on water fast. It took only 20 mins for the boat to sink. The 2 men onboard were found 2 hours later about 3 miles from where the boat went down..... Had they been using a radar this accident would have never occured.....same instance with the Skater. My point is if you can afford something like a Skater then why not spend a little more on a small radar or some brighter running lights? All you need to do is add alchohol with darkness and you have a recipe for disaster. I am not saying all HP boats run at night drunk but there are people out there that do. For this reason I stay on the dock when darkness falls.....

Chuck
Capt You Must Be A Real Azz ,If You Dont Have Know The Whole Story You Shouldnt Be Commenting On Something You Know Nothing About ,,,,Your Right Maybe You Should Stay On The Dock Period Day Or Nite
Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

According to both of the news stories posted in the above links, and a Coast Guard P.O., the accident happened about 10:00 pm. I was just going by what I read.......
This Never Made The Paper,, It Was A Totally Different Accident/?I Guess You Dont Know How To Read Either
Old 08-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Registered

I was not intentionally calling anybody out. I was just stating there are alot of accidents that happen at night. If what I said was misinterpreted then I apologize. Your right I do not know what really happened and it was great that nobody was killed in either of the accidents. As far as me being an azz because I speak my mind well I gues this site is full of us azzes

Originally Posted by lightspeed
Capt You Must Be A Real Azz ,If You Dont Have Know The Whole Story You Shouldnt Be Commenting On Something You Know Nothing About ,,,,Your Right Maybe You Should Stay On The Dock Period Day Or Nite
Old 08-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered

Ease up light,

From an outsider's perspective, reading this thread with the links in post # 4 make it sound like the accident happened at night. Obviously you have first hand information that is not available to us in the thread.

Would you agree that a radar should be used for running at night? I think they should be used, but don't know anyone who uses them.

This is a prime example of how information is twisted as it gets repeated. Just gald no one was seriously injured. Too bad about the skater!
Old 08-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lightspeed
I agree!! Stay on the dock! Radars are nice, I prefer my military issue NVG`s a must for night driving.

Last edited by offshoresteve; 08-19-2007 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Registered

EAT A D!CK!!!!

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
I agree!! Stay on the dock!
Old 08-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered

EAT A D!CK!!!!
We dont want to know what you like.By the way No Homos allowed! You cant be an expert on Skaters without owning one!!By the way I also hold a 100 ton. Does not make me an expert either
Old 08-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Registered

It never fails.....there's always at least one azzhole in the bunch!!! You have a nice day now

Quick Reply: 36 Skater Fliped Great South Bay??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.