Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Liquid Technologies At Lotto (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/166076-liquid-technologies-lotto.html)

Mentalpause 08-31-2007 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2256031)
Not trying to say the boat doesn't ride good in rough water....but 6 ft'ers on the lake.... I guess if you guys ran in 6 ft'ers on the lake then I was running 8-10's in the ocean last week...even though it was 4-6':hitfan:

BTW, nice looking boat!!!

He said 6 ft holes, different than the 6 foot rollers, that are predictable in the ocean. Come to LOTO sometime, there are bigger than 6 foot holes on certain weekends in the washing machine effect.

Payton 08-31-2007 10:37 PM

Panther, don't start with this "lake water" stuff.
Pull your boat to Lake Michigan. We get some waves that will keep even Apaches on the trailer.

Panther 09-01-2007 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Payton (Post 2256077)
Panther, don't start with this "lake water" stuff.
Pull your boat to Lake Michigan. We get some waves that will keep even Apaches on the trailer.

Lake Michigan totally different....great lakes have some of the meanest water around.....they account for a vast amount of ship wrecks.

As far as washing machine water goes, go to the lower hudson (NYC) when all the ferrys, freighters, tug boats, pleasure boats are going back and forth between NJ and NYC etc, these circumstances are not confined to LOTO and Havasu.

As far as consistency.... try a 4-6 ft swell in one direction and a 2-3 wind chop at another angle.

rockit man 09-01-2007 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2256031)
Not trying to say the boat doesn't ride good in rough water....but 6 ft'ers on the lake.... I guess if you guys ran in 6 ft'ers on the lake then I was running 8-10's in the ocean last week...even though it was 4-6':hitfan:

BTW, nice looking boat!!!

MY mistake I did not mean 6 ft waves and I was going by what all the other big boats told me .I did not ride in the boat it was driven by Tres Martin. I have driven in the Havasu Water when the wind came up and I know there were 6 ft holes out there becouse I allmost lost my old 26 Elim in one of those holes. All the people that took a ride in our boat was amazed at how well it rode at speed and I know some of them were from the great lakes area.A lot of it I think is becouse of the true 42 ft bottom and that the boat starts at 24 deg and runs to 80 deg at the bow and is set up to run flat. WE have not had the boat out in the open ocean yet but will for the Scope PokerRun in Long Beach Ca on Sept 28 and will see how it does. We have only had this boat on the water since April 15,07 and so far it has excedded all our expectations. WE need to know how it handles the ocean water and will soon. I have had many calls from the great lakes area asking about how our boat would stand up to the water there and have not tested it on that kind of water but hope to soon. They all told me about how rough it can get and how fast the water can change there.
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologies,llc

AIR TIME 09-01-2007 11:41 AM

congrats on the boat whats a 30 single going for with out power. art

nocigarette 09-01-2007 12:16 PM

That boat is a engineering marvel............I am very excited to see a 30 with one big single........and a #3a or #6 drive......closed canopy faster then ya want to drive it.............HATS OFF GUYS A ABSOLUTLY AWSOME BOAT.......I love the out of the box thinking.....