Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Liquid Technologies   At Lotto >

Liquid Technologies At Lotto

Notices

Liquid Technologies At Lotto

Old 08-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my favorite boats... great job guys..
Attached Thumbnails Liquid Technologies   At Lotto-rsz_101_5385.jpg  
Old 08-30-2007, 02:15 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a great time at LOTTO. Gave at least a dozen rides. The boat could handle anything LOTTO could give it . Boat ran perfect Thur and fri speed was 100+ with full load ( 5 ) people and fuel.Sat morning all looked well but during the first run the fuel regulator failed ,only 2 lbs presure and I think we may have lost a piston .Just got home last night and will pull the motor today. So we ran 91 mph on one motor well at least 1 1/2 motor was expecting 110 but things happen . Will be back for sure next year. At least we matched last years mph for the class.

Thanks Wayne
LIquid Technologies,llc
Old 08-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's not bad with a piston dragging!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Registered

The boat looked great. It looks like fiberglass, youd never know it was aluminum just by looking at it. I felt bad for you and Brad when you lost that engine.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered

That's a sweet boat. Can you provide details on the construction?

What does it weigh?
What alloy?
What thickness steel?
Welded construction? If so (and I hope so), what kind of welding rods (i would assume TIG)?
What kind of comparisons can you toss up against a similar fiberglass boat?
What kind of cabin does the boat have, or what can be put in?
How does cost compare to a similar fiberglass boat?
What are you doing for corrosion protection?

I wish I was in the financial situation for those kind of questions to matter for me. I really like that boat, it looks sweet and I love the idea of getting away from fiberglass and into aluminum construction. Very innovative for this type of boat, and I hope it catches on.

I'm about ready to go for a cruiser (only because I can't afford a go fast with the kind of room I want) and I am thinking I want to buy a Marinette. 5086 aluminum on those, and they hold up great, from what i've read. Only problems seem to come from stray currents in saltwater.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:27 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Wayne,
Tell us more about the 30.
Twin or single?
Weight?
Any cabin amenities possible?

We talked brielfy on the docks at the Shootout.

Thanks
Paul
Old 08-31-2007, 12:36 PM
Registered

That is cookin with a hurt engine!
SPECS as stated above by sleeper Dave??
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 PM
Registered

Sweet ride!
Old 08-31-2007, 05:51 PM
SUPER-LITE
Platinum Member

Specs on this boat are as follows.

Weight as of now fully rigged without fuel 7990 lbs. We way overbuilt this one and the next one we are working on if 7000 lbs.
Hull is 44 ft with a true 42 ft bottom 24 deg at transome to 80 deg at the bow
Hull is built from 5086 Alloy .The transome is 6061 T6 a full
1 1/4 " ,bottom is 1/4 "
All wirefed welding
All the aluminum is salt water resistant ,we have been building all aluminum boats since 1999 (riverwildboats.com)
No corrosion problems with todays aluminum.
To compare against fiberglass I would say first that ease of any repair. absoulte rigid hull ( no flex). The boat runs much quieter than fiberglass. Lightweight is also a big advantage. We build from a jig so once the bottom is done we can make the boat look like anything you can dream up.
There is only a storage area up front right now but a cabin is very easy.
Tres Martin ran this boat through its paces and dailed it in. It will truely drive itself . We took a lot of large cig type boat owners out for rides and all of them were blown away buy the ride at speed . An interesting thing happened at Havasu Desert Storm Poker Run last April.We were put in a class with all the 35+ ft boats that could run way over 100 mph and we ran toward the end of the pack on the way down to the first card we ran 85-95 with a full load ( 200 gal ) of fuel and four guys. Now on the way back things had changed with the water now there were 6 ft holes out there and the water was like a washing machine,we had to back off to 85 mph .The boat ran all the way back 25 miles never came out of the water once and had a perfict ride we started passing all the other boats just a couple miles from the turnaround and passed all the big fast boats ( no names mentioned ) and it was not that they could not run faster it was becouse the were getting beat up so bad so we learned that its one thing to be able to run fast ,its another to run fast with a great ride.
We have plans for a 35 ft with twins,a 30 ft with a single or possibly twins .The smaller boats would be very light and very strong. We used 1/2 " Marine Acrylic windshields by ( Aero-Marine ) which is very strong. At this time we can only produce 5-6 per year as we currently still building the RiverWild line of boats ( 25-30 per year).

Just got the word on the motor problem we had there,turns out we blew a head gasket,fuel pressure reg failed. Have to just replace one piston and a little work on the head and we will be ready to go.Hoping to get the motor on the dyno wed and back in the boat on wed or thur and make it to the Pittsburg Calif Shootout so we can redeam ourselves as the boat should have ran 100+ with these little carbed motors.
If you could spec out what you would really like me to price out I will. Base price on the boat is $ 299,900. with 496ho and xr drives would run 85-90 mph and remember it will do it in the rough stuff. A tripple trailer runs $ 15,000 + depending on tires and wheels you may want. This pricing is for the PokerRun version ,to do a cuddy and room for a porta potti may run a few thousand more. Our web site is being built and should be up soon.

Thanks Wayne
Liquidtechnologiesllc.com
Old 08-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rockit man
Now on the way back things had changed with the water now there were 6 ft holes out there and the water was like a washing machine,we had to back off to 85 mph .The boat ran all the way back 25 miles never came out of the water once and had a perfict ride we started passing all the other boats just a couple miles from the turnaround and passed all the big fast boats ( no names mentioned ) and it was not that they could not run faster it was becouse the were getting beat up so bad so we learned that its one thing to be able to run fast ,its another to run fast with a great ride.
Not trying to say the boat doesn't ride good in rough water....but 6 ft'ers on the lake.... I guess if you guys ran in 6 ft'ers on the lake then I was running 8-10's in the ocean last week...even though it was 4-6'

BTW, nice looking boat!!!

Quick Reply: Liquid Technologies At Lotto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.