Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Donzi Splashes Factory II (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/16618-donzi-splashes-factory-ii.html)

DONZIMAN2 01-26-2002 06:29 PM

The advertised difference in horsepower is 940 HP500 and 1100 0n the 575's as you indicate 80 per side. Another factor is the wieght and beam at 9'3" on the Donzi. I really like the way they ride in the CHES BAY on the long runs. The fuel economy numbers I have and the realities of ownership are different than the once I have found in magazines. Who knows. I still think they are all great boats. Have a nice day.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: DONZIMAN2 ]

HydroScream 01-26-2002 07:14 PM

Good Job donzi!!!

And come on guys... of course the beak boat was faster... it was only 28 ft :p :p :p

Towel Boy 01-26-2002 08:50 PM

Guys, seriously, what is the point of comparing apples to apples, we are all boaters and enjoy it, I come from a differend part of the world, in case you wanted to know, it is a small island in the Indian ocean named mauritius, It didn't matter if you had a 13 foot pirogue or a 48 foot Tremlett, we were all boaters, fisherman, sailors and thoroughly enjoyed the sea and waterbodies, we are not different, we just enjoy boating in it's aspect, I ASK, why all the bickering??

Best Regards, Marc

BryanTuvell 01-26-2002 10:25 PM

Hey FEVER MIKE...
Your quote:
"The Donzi gas milage number were like .9mpg at cruise where the Fountain was at 1.5. This really shows how efficiant a hull is."
has Fountain ever sold a boat with stock power? of the 1000 that are for sale on Trader online there aren't many plane old 502 boats! Must need the HP to shove the beek and the swim platform around!

I guess Donzi's get less gas milage because we are in the water when everyone else is the air...
I love my pig/gas hog... she is heavy and ROCKS!
We may not hold a record but my bragging rights are better than most!

TROUTLY, the boat mentioned earlier sold for $210,K, again, so much for sticker prices..

Nothing like a Saturday night before dewinterizing to get me pumped up...
65 tomorrow....

All said in good fun so don't be too brutal...
Bryan

Scott B 01-26-2002 10:28 PM

It was interesting reading the writeup on the 33 Donzi. Having recently run in one with the same power, I was very surprised to see the speed numbers. The boat we ran showed 91 on the GPS speedo, and I have the pics to prove it. However, it was not running Merc props. The boat tested was, I assume because Donzi has a contract with Merc. I would like to see PB try this boat with different props...

Fountain 5' longer, 1,300 lbs lighter.. That would explain a lot!

Scott B

BryanTuvell 01-26-2002 10:33 PM

it is a big beek!

DONZIMAN2 01-26-2002 10:38 PM

Scott, The numbers you discuss makes sense. I have valid factory test reports that lay out a comprehensive package of weight, atmospherics and all the other stuff relative to comparing these numbers. Again the magazine numbers just do not add up for the motors they had in the test boat. Thanks for the info. Good thread.

mattyboy 01-27-2002 10:17 AM

who'll be driving? it's funny talking about
mpg's usually not a topic with these boats, but it says alot about a hull and I guess it's important when ya fill that bad boy up! should be a great season, if we can only see it on bowflex tv! when does donzi make their race debut?

Mattyboy

DONZIMAN2 01-27-2002 12:25 PM

The 26ZX Donzi is a twin step. The only single they produce is the 22ZX. A friend of mine once ask what the fuel mileage was on my 1968 511CI Big Block Chevy Pro-Street Camaro. I told him I did not have a clue. When I layed out the option package I deleted the heater and the fuel gauge. .9, 1 or 1.5 MPG it is still a lot of money. I am just going to enjoy my toys. In the big scheme of things I cruise more often than I WOT. My primary concern is to be able to get out in the Ches Bay and not come home feeling like I just went 15 Rounds with a heavywieght Boxer. Donzi gives me that satisfaction regardless of what I had to pay for it. At the end of the day the tanks will normally be empty but I do not need pain medication to deal with the after effects of a 200 Mile round trip cruise with my spine out of place. You all have a nice day.

DONZIMAN2 01-27-2002 02:45 PM

In ruff seas I would rather be on the Harry S. Truman, GWashington or one of the other US Aircraft Carriers, but I do respect your support for the Fountain Name Plate. Mass X Heavy Seas = a units ability to handle it. Nice thread, Talk to you later.