Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat & Mice is in Hot Boat magazine page 108 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/16621-cat-mice-hot-boat-magazine-page-108-a.html)

Uncle Toys 01-25-2002 10:45 AM

Cat & Mice is in Hot Boat magazine page 108

Ok, so this is a little late news, but damn Mike, I am so jealous! :D :cool: Tell us the story, how did you get that done?

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Uncle Toys ]

Cat & Mice 01-25-2002 11:56 AM

UT, It was alot of work. It helped that I had Dustin and Bob Leach on my side. We had to spend a week in LA testing, 3 day's in fresno, and a lot of time at our local lakes just to get things right. To top it all of they lost the picures from the Elsinore test and we had to redo them in Havasu. My wife was OK since she wasn't to happy about the girls they had on the boat when they shot it in LA. She was much happier to have her and the kids in the boat for the mag.
I was a little disapointed that it wasn't in color but I guess they looked at my boat and said why waste the money :D .
Doing a mag. test is a very interesting thing, you learn a lot about how it really works and how much work it really is.

If I added all the time and money it took me to get my boat dialed in and in the Mag. I would have to sell it for about $50K more.
:D

Pyle

H2Xmark 01-25-2002 08:48 PM

my hats off to ya also mike good job!

elimi 01-26-2002 12:33 AM

Way to go Mike.!!!!!!!!!

Cat & Mice 01-26-2002 02:49 AM

Hey Thanks guy's it is nice to see all of my work pay off. I really do Love to work on boats and trying to build something unique. And I hope that some people can learn from my experience. Nobody thought the small blocks would work out but they did.

Pyle

Mitch Pyle 01-27-2002 01:30 AM

Yes, excelent job, the whole small block thing is quite suprising I belive there will be some more of that in the future. Plus it looks good and go's fast you get two points!! ;)

Uncle Toys 01-28-2002 09:31 AM

Cat&Mice - I know what you mean about the wife and Hot Boat's style. My wife wont even let me subscribe because of who the publisher is - I have to buy it at the newstand. Still, you have fullfilled a dream I'm sure we all have. If I send you my copy, will you sign it for me ;)

Stray Cat 01-28-2002 07:27 PM

Hey Miami, Are you a Florida cop living in Utah or do you have a crush on Crockett? Was Up, Mitch? ;) Todd

Stray Cat 01-28-2002 07:32 PM

Oh and BTW Mike, The article is cool! Congrats on getting your boat in Hot Boat! It looks great!! Todd

Cat & Mice 01-28-2002 07:35 PM

Hey Mitch is that you??

I think that Miami Vice is my brother.

Why don't you give a formal intro.

Pyle