Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cat & Mice is in Hot Boat magazine page 108 >

Cat & Mice is in Hot Boat magazine page 108

Notices

Cat & Mice is in Hot Boat magazine page 108

Old 01-25-2002, 10:45 AM
Uncle Toys

Post Cat & Mice is in Hot Boat magazine page 108

Ok, so this is a little late news, but damn Mike, I am so jealous! Tell us the story, how did you get that done?

[ 01-25-2002: Message edited by: Uncle Toys ]

Old 01-25-2002, 11:56 AM
Cat & Mice

UT, It was alot of work. It helped that I had Dustin and Bob Leach on my side. We had to spend a week in LA testing, 3 day's in fresno, and a lot of time at our local lakes just to get things right. To top it all of they lost the picures from the Elsinore test and we had to redo them in Havasu. My wife was OK since she wasn't to happy about the girls they had on the boat when they shot it in LA. She was much happier to have her and the kids in the boat for the mag.
I was a little disapointed that it wasn't in color but I guess they looked at my boat and said why waste the money .
Doing a mag. test is a very interesting thing, you learn a lot about how it really works and how much work it really is.

If I added all the time and money it took me to get my boat dialed in and in the Mag. I would have to sell it for about $50K more.

Pyle

Old 01-25-2002, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my hats off to ya also mike good job!
Old 01-26-2002, 12:33 AM
elimi

Way to go Mike.!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2002, 02:49 AM
Cat & Mice

Smile

Hey Thanks guy's it is nice to see all of my work pay off. I really do Love to work on boats and trying to build something unique. And I hope that some people can learn from my experience. Nobody thought the small blocks would work out but they did.

Pyle

Old 01-27-2002, 01:30 AM
Mitch Pyle

Cool

Yes, excelent job, the whole small block thing is quite suprising I belive there will be some more of that in the future. Plus it looks good and go's fast you get two points!!

Old 01-28-2002, 09:31 AM
Uncle Toys

Cat&Mice - I know what you mean about the wife and Hot Boat's style. My wife wont even let me subscribe because of who the publisher is - I have to buy it at the newstand. Still, you have fullfilled a dream I'm sure we all have. If I send you my copy, will you sign it for me

Old 01-28-2002, 07:27 PM
Charter Member#1300
Charter Member

Talking

Hey Miami, Are you a Florida cop living in Utah or do you have a crush on Crockett? Was Up, Mitch? Todd
Old 01-28-2002, 07:32 PM
Charter Member#1300
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Oh and BTW Mike, The article is cool! Congrats on getting your boat in Hot Boat! It looks great!! Todd
Old 01-28-2002, 07:35 PM
Cat & Mice

Smile

Hey Mitch is that you??

I think that Miami Vice is my brother.

Why don't you give a formal intro.

Pyle

Quick Reply: Cat & Mice is in Hot Boat magazine page 108

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.