Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/166233-remember-when-you-go-bar-loto-destin.html)

THRILLSEEKER 08-15-2007 02:21 PM

Papadeux in Cincy had got to be some of the best dammned service at any reastrant or bar Ive ever been to. The food, drinks, and service are all top notch. Seems like the seccond that that you are ready for anything they are right there, and they dont linger around with a suck ass attitude. I spilled a mojito once (not exactly a speedy drink to make) and there was a nother one sitting in front of me and the mess was cleaned up before I could even look up.

We spoke to the manager later to praise our server, she said all of the staff there goes throught a pretty extensive hiring process to insure that they only have the best of the best. The place is always packed when we go.....

sakoutis3 08-15-2007 02:28 PM

Where I hang I'm very good freinds with owners and thier family's. My usual response to poor service is " you do relize I'm sitting with your boss don't you???" Louie loves it when I'm in there cause I keep his bartenders jumpin. I won't even let them buy me a drink I pay for every one. I get all the free drinks I want when I'm over his house sitting by the pool.:D

Zudnic 08-15-2007 02:35 PM

One thing to consider is in some places due to tips some area's service business do not have to pay min wage. So people depend on receiving tips to make a decent living above their state's min.

In general I keep the above in mind and also take into account how busy a place is. One drink avg. tip $1 per drink, and that has got me at least one for free a few times. I'll up that if its a slow hotel lounge and I'm milking a beer. I have however will not reward poor service, once wrote under tip: "fire the waitress!" Also make fun of people who give chitty loose change tips of a few measly cents.

BobbyB 08-15-2007 02:37 PM

I usually go to the bars i know around here. But because i get the best service ever. As soon as i walk in i get a beer some times before i even make it to the bar. But i usually tip the bartenders well. And if i am too drunk at night they usually have one of the hott waitress take me home.:cool-smiley-011:

Panther 08-15-2007 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zudnic (Post 2236231)
One thing to consider is in some places due to tips some area's service business do not have to pay min wage. So people depend on receiving tips to make a decent living above their state's min. .

My first job, busser at Steak & Ale.... Min wage for tip earner in NJ was $2.12 an hour. At the end of the night they had to pay out the tips and by law our earnings for the night had to equal $5.05 hr or greater. (reg. min. wage at the time). Basically, if we weren't tipped enough by the customers the employer had to make up the difference... I soon quit that job because the tips sucked and we suspected the waitresses/waiters were skimming off the top...... :throw:

offshoredrillin 08-15-2007 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by sakoutis3 (Post 2236223)
Where I hang I'm very good freinds with owners and thier family's. My usual response to poor service is " you do relize I'm sitting with your boss don't you???" Louie loves it when I'm in there cause I keep his bartenders jumpin. I won't even let them buy me a drink I pay for every one. I get all the free drinks I want when I'm over his house sitting by the pool.:D

thats a good point as well Nick, I never "expect" a freebie, I used to hate when people would say I bought 2 now buy me one, if I do get a promo or a comp drink, I always tip with what that bill would be including that drink. lots of bars around here have my beer sitting when I walk in.

tomtbone1993 08-15-2007 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2236253)
thats a good point as well Nick, I never "expect" a freebie, I used to hate when people would say I bought 2 now buy me one, if I do get a promo or a comp drink, I always tip with what that bill would be including that drink. lots of bars around here have my beer sitting when I walk in.

That would be because you are their only customer who drinks Pabts Blue Ribbon:ernaehrung004: :ernaehrung004:

bouyhunter 08-15-2007 05:03 PM

I always tip in restaurants according to service.
And has anyone else noticed that sometimes a meal that was only "slightly better than average", can be considered "very good" if the service was incredible?? And, vice-versa. It's part of the experience.

Honestly, I don't go to bars very often. I keep most of my drinking at home. But if I do, me and the wife are both just beer drinkers - her occaisonally Margi's.
Anytime I order a drink, I'm ordering two - one for each of us. I leave a buck everytime I order.
If I'm sitting at the bar, I also expect the bartender to ask if I want another before the bottle is empty.

rbhudelson 08-15-2007 05:17 PM

Must be a really, really slooow dayyyy

MitchStellin 08-15-2007 05:38 PM

There is a reason that I am on the other side of the Bar, it has to do with spending the time and money to get a job that can afford to have some one wait on me. I always tip at least 20% and if the bill is under $10 I give $3. What I don't understand is when the tables turned, when did I become a servent to them? Thats what it seems like now, and you know if you make a fuss you can expect any number of body fluids to be a part of your dinner. We need them but it seems to have been forgotten that they need us more and a tip is not an implied contract, it is based on performance..just like my 50 hr a week job.