Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin... >

Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin...

Notices

Remember this when you go to a bar at LOTO or Destin...

Old 08-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i found out when ya get thrown outta the bar, and they have your card for your tab, when you come back to get your card the next morning, there is always a 10% tip on it
Old 08-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by matt81
i found out when ya get thrown outta the bar, and they have your card for your tab, when you come back to get your card the next morning, there is always a 10% tip on it
Now that's funny. At least you didn't get a "carrying charge" for the help out the door...
Old 08-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
We (wife and friends) enjoy the local taverns much better than the crowded bars/clubs.... I get 10X better service, and even comp. drinks and I can actually talk to the person sitting next to me.

I guess I'm done with the bar scene... I remember being single and dropping $2-300 every Friday/Sat. night. Now I just see it as a waste of money and leaves more money to put in the gas tank. I guess things have changed for me

Everything posted in this thread so far (servers and customers) is exactly the reason why I don't enjoy going there anymore.

Damn...I sould like an old man now....
Ditto.......and I'm only 25. I've got a girl/fiance, so the main objective just isn't there for me anymore . We like to drink out at restaurants, but if I got the time - I'm going to the lake and partying with neighbors and making my own drinks just how I like them. I always give the bartender the standard $1 tip for a beer, but not because I want too or because I think he deserves it..........I just do it in case I want another drink and I don't want him blowing me off on the next round.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually tip a dollar a beaer if they get it in a timely matter. Noy hitting on the girl after they take my order. Usually try for the female bartenders as well, for they dont want to chit chat and get the men out of the line quick. If they were good at the end of the night I will go back and poney up a little bit more and thank them for the service, if they suck they get the what the **** when I hand the good ones a bonus at the end. Granted they probably split it from there but it is satisfaction to see the face when you hand it in person to them instead of the jar and say thanks.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered

Masher,
You cheapo, the good Margarita's at Gostbar are available for $69.00. seriously WTF one drink!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Some of yall are missing the point,

Yes, Tipping is required for good service and expected.

Yes, Great tipping along with courtesy will get you Great Service!

Yes, There are, on occasion, some Dumbphuckers behind the bar that don't deserve any tip. BAD SERVICE regardless of the tip amount or courtesy.
REPLACE DUMBPHUCKS
THIS IS AMERICA!
GET a New Bartender or Waitress and give them a 20 dollar tip before ordering.

TIPS .....To insure prompt service....... Tip FIRST!
Eliminates the wondering of, if, you are a bad tipper to your server.

Bad service find another Bar.

Rude Bad tippers shut up and take your hot beer in a dirty spit filled mug when they get ready to mess with you.

Last edited by VeeCat; 08-19-2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: add word
Old 09-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Ed
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by matt81
yeah, especially at Loyd's...