If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    Stray Cat Statement Marine
    USR, NJ

Oh yeah I should also say;
    Im unmarried and have no children.
    I have several life insurance policies for the benefit of my sister and mother.
    I have never taken an insurance policy with the minimum coverages, I opt for the most I can afford and if you can afford the toys you must afford the insurance (even in NJ) ouch!
    I have a Will and a Living Will and yes, they are signed!

OSO Content Provider Commercial Member SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar

It's my choice to wear the safety gear and hopefully it will remain that way. It seems that making anything mandatory, kind of makes people not want to do it because they are being told to. Anyway, let's hope alot more people use the common sense method. FAST BOATS require top of the line equipment. You spend so much $$$$$$$$ on the boat, don't go cheap on the SAFETY GEAR.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Platinum Member Platinum Member timewarp's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2002 Spectre 30,300X's

I agree that we as operator(pilots?captains?) are responsible for the safety of our passengers and we need to be safe but I sure hope it doesn't come down to the government mandating us to wear safety equiptment.

I agee with Intolerant1,
    It seems that the press and the Law enforcement officials are just going to blame the HTM tragedy on the fact that the boat was exceeding 35MPH because that was the speed limit of the lake.
    I sure hope that a reason can be determined for what happened, after seeing the pictures of the boat and one engine it doesn't make any sense to me at all, I have seen alot of boats go over and very rarely is an engine completely torn from the boat, something would have to fail pretty bad.
    I'm sorry if I got off topic, probably should have started a new thread, but it kind of seems to go here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12