Notices

Loto?

Old 08-20-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anything in particular we need to have on board at LOTO?
D.L., Registration, Insurance.. my boat still has MI tags on it til 08 but the insurance is under my name, any issues there? Ive got lifejackets for all on board, fire extinguisher, horn, lanyards.. oh, and silent choice exhaust.. missing anything?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
anything in particular we need to have on board at LOTO?
D.L., Registration, Insurance.. my boat still has MI tags on it til 08 but the insurance is under my name, any issues there? Ive got lifejackets for all on board, fire extinguisher, horn, lanyards.. oh, and silent choice exhaust.. missing anything?
You have it all except a few girls.....

On a serious note a few things to fly low under the radar: Keep the crew off the sunpad while in gear, even at idle speed, by far and away the number one reason at LOTO to get pulled over! Watch the no wake zones, even a few yards passed them to be safe. Keep it under 30mph at night, believe me, they are there and watching.....

And for the weather, it always has a chance for summer rain in mid-MO, but the gods keep it away for our sacred Shootout.

Last edited by cullen_11; 08-20-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how strict are they on noise?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by waterboy222
how strict are they on noise?
Tough for me to say because I am legal with 500EFI's with mufflers under an integrated swim platform. This one you are going to have to take with a grain of salt but.....USUALLY they turn a deaf ear on this weekend because of all the out-of town-horsepower and all the revenue it brings to the lake. It doesn't mean a free pass. My opinion being there for the past 8 years is that if someone is acting or driving like a jacka**, noise is just another reason to pull them. Give yourself plenty off room from others when she is WFO, follow the other above advice and you should have a great time with no hassles.....
Old 08-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

There are a few local boats that are definately not legal and they seem to get by just fine.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What cullen said.
Oh yeah, a throwable (cushion, ring, etc) is required.
Have a sober driver, always! They probably wont have a checkpoint that weekend. But if you're pulled over for anything, ie burned out bulb, no numbers, etc, you will be checked
They rarely enforce noise ordinances on shootout weekend.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered

I've got a place lined up to stay by the 1MM if I need to (With dock) or should I get closer to the action?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by dukenrock
I've got a place lined up to stay by the 1MM if I need to (With dock) or should I get closer to the action?
That is actually a nice area to be staying at Shootout weekend. You are close to Toad Cove, Frankie and Louies, Jolly Roger, etc. We are planning on a raftoff Friday afternoon in Mentalpause's cove at the 4MM (across from Atlantis island).
Old 08-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Registered

Okay, I also have another place I could get at the 18MM. Not familiar with either but I'll need to commit to one by end of the day. Should have details shortly.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 18MM is only 3 miles from the event so if you want to be close thats the spot. It also is within 8-10 miles of where most of the hotspots are. At the 1 mm it's about 8 miles to toad cove, 9 miles to F&L, 12 to Backwaters, 20 to the shootout, 40? to Big ****s and about 20 to party cove.

If it were me and all things being equal 18 is closer to the action and assuming your on the osage beach side your right in town. If you on the 4 seasons side you will have a bit of a drive.

Quick Reply: Loto?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.