Notices

Smartcraft SC5000?

Old 08-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartcraft SC5000?

I have a question about my Smartcraft System, SC5000 system view. I have a 2007 Donzi 35ZR with twin 496HO's running with sea strainers. I had an alarm go off the other day. Under alarm history my screen says, "PITOT CKT LO - Starboard Engine". Every gauge in the boat is running perfect, both engines are in sync, but the alarm will not go off. After restarting the boat the alarm is still flashing the bell icon and is active. What is the 'PITOT CKT' and how do I correct this problem? As I said the boat runs perfectly with all gauges in sync. Thanks in advance...

Edward Rupp
Old 08-20-2007, 09:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default smartcraft

Sir: I happened to have my smarcraft owners manual at my desk. Page 7-6 lists your alarm code as "Pitot sensor circuit problem. Have the system checked by dealer". Hope that helps...
Old 08-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Registered

Thanks, but I already have the manual, not to user friendly and not loaded with info saying what to do other then bring to the dealer. Any other advice or suggestions.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Registered

I do have my lowrance gps in the driver dash hooked up to the smartcraft. When you changed the setting was it in the smartcraft, and if so where? Plus, you think like you said maybe just sticking a paper clip or something into the pilot at the nose of the drive might break up some sand that might be stuck in there. The boat had about 24 hours on it before the alarm went of, and like I said boat still runs perfect just can't get the alarm to go off my screen and become deactive. The same alarm keeps beeping. Thanks again...
Old 08-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered

Spoke to Mercury and they just advised me to turn the useless pitot circuit sensor warning off in my smartcraft. They've typed me up some instructions so I'll go at it this weekend...thanks for the help.

ER