Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38 Top Gun (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/167007-38-top-gun.html)

PhantomChaos 08-27-2007 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Schweeng (Post 2248824)
Triton - was anyone helpful???

Helpful on OSO? Come on Chris! :) :party-smiley-020:

IDRPSTF 08-27-2007 05:26 PM

If by helpfull you mean posting things like "This guy is a retard" for the fact that he has used the correct terms like "Arrest" which is what it is called when a boat is commandeered. Or when he plain as day asked that you not be contacted about the boat.
Little less comedy... little more help guys. Things like this happen and all of our insurance goes up!
How about questions like where and when EXACTLY was the boat last seen? Whom was it with? What power should we be looking for cheep on the open market? Anything distinguishing about the boats interior that may be harder to change than just a paint job?

Triton 08-28-2007 06:12 AM

38 Top Gun Still Missing

Chris,
No one has really came up with anything yet. I appreciate you suggesting to post something here. Hopefully it will show up somewhere.

Thanks again

cosmic12 08-28-2007 06:28 AM

I hope things work out for ya. Where was it taken? When? I feel your pain on the no info coming from here. I posted in the stolen boats threads for a friend about a 35 Fountian / trailer/ and the truck a while back and there has been not one comment. At least I didn't get slammed. Good luck, this chit sucks and these A-holes need to be stopped somehow

Jupiter Sunsation 08-28-2007 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2250416)
I hope things work out for ya. Where was it taken? When? I feel your pain on the no info coming from here. I posted in the stolen boats threads for a friend about a 35 Fountian / trailer/ and the truck a while back and there has been not one comment. At least I didn't get slammed. Good luck, this chit sucks and these A-holes need to be stopped somehow

This is more of a repo deal than a boat theft. The least an OSO brother can do is let the guy finish up the summer crusing in style, then collect the 5K in October when most of the country's boating season is over. Then the bank can hold the boat all winter and give an OSO'r a great deal on a used/repo'd TS TG.

ciaoderhead 08-28-2007 07:25 AM

I thought this boat went to Chicago area when Chris sold it. Triton, was it stolen or are you trying to repo it?:signs069:

Jupiter Sunsation 08-28-2007 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by ciaoderhead (Post 2250466)
I thought this boat went to Chicago area when Chris sold it. Triton, was it stolen or are you trying to repo it?:signs069:

From Triton: Bottom Line -- this boat was stolen and am trying to recover it.

I know it seems vague, but due to the legal system I can't go into all of the details. By the way "Arrest" is the term used instead of "recover".

All I am asking for is some help in finding this boat.

Post #14 gave me the repo impression. Cops recover stolen property, repo men recover things that are not paid for.

jmeng 08-28-2007 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2250419)
This is more of a repo deal than a boat theft. The least an OSO brother can do is let the guy finish up the summer crusing in style, then collect the 5K in October when most of the country's boating season is over. Then the bank can hold the boat all winter and give an OSO'r a great deal on a used/repo'd TS TG.

You're joking right?

Jupiter Sunsation 08-28-2007 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by jmeng (Post 2250557)
You're joking right?

if an actual theft against owners wishes: yes joking

if a repo: let the guy have a few more rides because he won't have another TS TG anytime soon with a big $$ repo on his credit report! :D This would be an appropriate place to use the "drive it like you stole it line!"

I get the feeling it is a repo, with the recovery term used and the post regarding the court complicated matters. If it was an actual theft they would have listed the place it was taken from, time, date etc.

jmeng 08-28-2007 08:53 AM

If the owner can't afford to pay the note he damn sure shouldn't be spending money on gas. I have a hard time feeling sorry for someone who doesn't pay his bills. Just my opinion though...